Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something interesting I noticed when working the heavy bag...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something interesting I noticed when working the heavy bag...

I still haven't come to a definitive conclusion on this, but when I wear in-ear headphones while working the heavy bag, I feel as if I am not getting power into my punches. What I mean by that is the sound feedback you get when you have a sweet connection, similar to working the mitts. Is it just me imagining it or is there some sort of connection with hearing the sound to getting more power into your punch? As soon as I take the earphones out, it isn't just the sound that is better, but the impact feels much more solid too. If you are deafened, you can't really tell. I would guess it would feel similar to suffering an ear injury mid fight and losing your punch power from some sort of disorientation you may feel.

Just a little observation, anyone else experienced something like this or knows any theory behind it?

That's interesting. Wouldn't being in a very loud stadium with everyone screaming have the same effect? And of course we have all seen fighters deliver devastating power punches in those moments.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

i can't imagine.
      i never listen to music when i train.
      and you can kinda "hear" through impact of your fist, no? (much like talking to yourself with earphones on?)
      but maybe ill try this one day .
      BUT if anything, I would say it would at most hurt your confidence.

Comment

Working...
      X