No announcement yet.

Rocky Marciano vs. Sugar Ray Robinson.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
    Could you please provide this footage you continuous refer to having seen of their earlier contests.
    Not sure what you are talking about again ?Lamotta has a win on robinson and all their fights were wars why do i need video footage ? Anyone can see theyre fights or simply look up their records .Lamattas first 14 fights were at light weight weve been over this already ,you and Corso had stated he began his career at a higher weight ,that was false .Imade the mistake thinking he fought and won his championship at another year thats about it .
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-25-2015, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      Not sure what you are talking about again ?Lamotta has a win on robinson and all their fights were wars why do i need video footage ? Anyone can see theyre fights or simply look up their records .
      You're constantly commenting on the subject as if you have viewed footage of their contests - when only their sixth and final fight in 1951 was recorded - so you have no more video evidence then anybody else, but throw out comments such as;

Yea after a handful of fights watching SRR struggle against him tells another story .
      Originally posted by juggernaut666
      Looking at Lamotta at 155 which he was in his first fight with SRR is the debate
      Originally posted by juggernaut666
      Its on youtube first fight with SRR.
      ----

Lamattas first 14 fights were at light weight weve been over this already ,you and Corso had stated he began his career at a higher weight ,that was false .
      LaMotta's first 20 professional contests, yet to come in under the 160lbs Middleweight limit.

I believe that supports the fact that LaMotta was a Light Heavyweight as an amateur and started his professional career closer to the 175lb limit than 160lb.

Comment

You're constantly commenting on the subject as if you have viewed footage of their contests - when only their sixth and final fight in 1951 was recorded - so you have no more video evidence then anybody else, but throw out

----

LaMotta's first 20 professional contests, yet to come in under the 160lbs Middleweight limit.

I believe that supports the fact that LaMotta was a Light Heavyweight as an amateur and started his professional career closer to the 175lb limit than 160lb.

Thats pretty ridiculous statement considering its on record and in his own bio not sure what records you are looking at but Lamatta gained weight through out the years he didnt drop weight as a pro ....they have a few fights on him fighting Lamatta so not sure what you mean anyway .And again you are talking to a trained athlete ,LaMotta looks no bigger than a 160 pounder if that in his fights if no one can see that well thats on them....looking at Lamatta he has no muscle tone or girth other than decent neck ,he is very average looking a small plodder who was a punching bag in all his fights he was just tough ,little skill .
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-25-2015, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GuessWhosBack View Post
          Look lets be honest though the guy weighed in at 185 he wasn't a "real" HW. He could have made 175 (MAYBE 168) with todays weigh ins.
          No. Marciano trained down to 185. No way in hell could he have made 175 let alone 168. Ridiculous.
          Last edited by joseph5620; 05-25-2015, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Thats pretty ridiculous statement considering its on record and in his own bio ....
            Which statement is ridiculous?

they have a few fights on him fighting Lamatta so not sure what you mean anyway .
            Sorry I don't understand the statement. They have a few fights of Robinson-LaMotta?

LaMotta looks no bigger than a 160 pounder if that in hi fights.
            Which fights are those?

Comment

You're constantly commenting on the subject as if you have viewed footage of their contests - when only their sixth and final fight in 1951 was recorded - so you have no more video evidence then anybody else, but throw out comments such as;

----

He actually said Lamotta fought as a lightweight? This has turned into NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                He actually said Lamotta fought as a lightweight? This has turned into NSB.
                Lamattas first fight with SRR was at 155 ,dont you get schooled enough by me ?

Comment

Which statement is ridiculous?

Sorry I don't understand the statement. They have a few fights of Robinson-LaMotta?

Which fights are those?
                  The only thing i can tell you is either watch raging bull a movie Lamatta was directly involved in or read his bio ,you are trying to change history .

Comment

Lamattas first fight with SRR was at 155 ,dont you get schooled enough by me ?
                    Not 157¾lbs?

Comment

The only thing i can tell you is either watch raging bull a movie Lamatta was directly involved in or read his bio ,you are trying to change history .
                      I have watched the film and read the book.

In regards to what am I trying to change history?

Comment

Working...
                      X