Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long until Danny Garcia is top 10 p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
    PFP lists are not just based on resume alone but overall talent as well and although Garcia has done incredibly well for himself, he's an overachiever. He has some good wins over Matthysse and Khan but the rest are "meh".

His upcoming fight would be yet again another good win but having fought Rod Salka and a distasteful victory over Herrera in his last 3 fights, I don't think a win over Peterson would be enough to bump him into the top echelon of the sport.

Again, he's a good fighter and has an incredibly solid resume for his age but He hasn't done a thing since his Lucas fight. A CW against a guy Lucas himself KO'd in a couple rounds won't do much for his career at this point, at least not for me.
    its still a good fight tho. Yea lucas beat him but Bernard beat pascal. That doesn't mean the pascal win sucked for Kov

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
    Lmaooooooooooo.
    Of course u bring nothing to the thread. Typical

Comment

his resume if he beats peterson will look pretty good. there must be a place for him near the bottom somewhere. hopefully he will capitalise on his momentum this time instead of wasting another year

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        its still a good fight tho. Yea lucas beat him but Bernard beat pascal. That doesn't mean the pascal win sucked for Kov

Pascal also didn't get wiped out in 3 rounds. I defend PEDerson's abilities a lot on NSB, but he hasn't really done anything since Matthysse destroyed him, either. Jean was an okay defense, but that's all he's done.

I agree it's a good fight, though. 143 tarnishes it, but the style matchup is good and I think PEDerson gives Garcia a real fight. I think he's capable of winning.

Comment

P4p fighters don't fight 10-round fights!

Comment

It is a good fight and another good win but the catch weight and the fact that Peterson was disposed of so easily not too long ago is what takes away from its glitter, at least for me. I think Danny stops him but I won't be surprised if Peterson makes him really work for it.

Although it's not at the weight I wish it would be at, I'm still glad to see Garcia back in the ring against a good fighter. I'm not saying Herrera wasn't a good name but considering his follow up fight was Rod, at least we get Danny against a "world champion".

Give it time and if Garcia gets back on track and begins to take out the WW's, even if people don't agree, his efforts will pay off and perhaps he'll crack the list. Especially since the two biggest names are on the way out. That leaves huge gaps in the division, more than enough for a few names to become bigger than what they are currently.

Garcia has always proven people wrong, including myself, and he has displayed a lot of good attributes that make up for his lack of "elite" talent in the ring.
            Last edited by Aztekkas; 03-23-2015, 01:40 PM.

Comment

I had him at top 10 or close after he whooped Matthysse, but then he lost his momentum when he got outboxed by Herrera and fought that Salsa bum. Also, beating Peterson won't do much for him at this point IMO, but he'll have more opportunities once he finally goes up to welterweight.

Comment

Stupid threads get stupid replies.

Comment

Originally posted by sims View Post
                  P4p fighters don't fight 10-round fights!
                  its a 12 round fight, check the schedule.

Comment

Comment

After he beat Matthysse I thought he closed out at #10. After the Herrera "win" I dropped him off.

Comment

Working...
                      X