Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Brook beats Golovkin - On par with SRL vs Hagler / Turpin vs SRR?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

So at least you sound like GGG should get credit for besting brook
    Not at all. I don't know what I said that made you think that. Brook should get credit for beating GGG but GGG shouldn't get credit for beating Brook. Brook is the one taking the risk. NOT GGG.

Comment

I have two answers to that. A good win and fighter of the year potential. I can't put it on all time great status because neither fighter is on that level yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
        Not at all. I don't know what I said that made you think that. Brook should get credit for beating GGG but GGG shouldn't get credit for beating Brook. Brook is the one taking the risk. NOT GGG.
        It sounded like you thought brook had good chance to beat the overated ggg, so if GGG beat brook it would be decent win over someone who had chance to beat him.

So GGG shouldn't get any credit for besting brook in UK? GGG not taking any riusk? Every 16o guy would beat brook no problem would they?
        Give GGG some credit but put into perspective please. I personally wouldn't bet much money on any lmw or mW to definateky beasbeast brook. We not sure how well brook will be exactly but I sweassweasr GGG critics get too emotional
        Last edited by hugh grant; 09-10-2016, 04:09 PM.

Comment

It sounded like you thought brook had good chance to beat the overated ggg, so if GGG beat brook it would be decent win over someone who had chance to beat him.

So GGG shouldn't get any credit for besting brook in UK? GGG not taking any riusk? Every 16o guy would beat brook no problem would they?
          Give GGG some credit but put into perspective please. I personally wouldn't bet much money on any lmw or mW to definateky beasbeast brook. We not sure how well brook will be exactly but I sweassweasr GGG critics get too emotional
          Yeah, Brook does have SOME chance to beat GGG. GGG is a good fighter no doubt he just fights bums and is overrated. Brook took the risk in going up 2 weight divisions. GGG took no risk in fighting a welterweight. Especially a welterweight who hasn't fought anyone good aside from Shawn Porter. GGG fighting in the UK isn't much of an argument. He's the mw champ so the judges will be in his favor (if they lean towards either fighter at all).

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            I have two answers to that. A good win and fighter of the year potential. I can't put it on all time great status because neither fighter is on that level yet.
            I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
              Yeah, Brook does have SOME chance to beat GGG. GGG is a good fighter no doubt he just fights bums and is overrated. Brook took the risk in going up 2 weight divisions. GGG took no risk in fighting a welterweight. Especially a welterweight who hasn't fought anyone good aside from Shawn Porter. GGG fighting in the UK isn't much of an argument. He's the mw champ so the judges will be in his favor (if they lean towards either fighter at all).
              So brook is a ww who hasn't fought sanyone now? GGG is a middleweight who hasn't fought anyone as well? I mean this is over thinking too much.
              If GGG beats brook, brook will want you to give GGG some credit. Brook regards himself as special.

Comment

So brook is a ww who hasn't fought sanyone now? GGG is a middleweight who hasn't fought anyone as well? I mean this is over thinking too much.
                If GGG beats brook, brook will want you to give GGG some credit. Brook regards himself as special.
                I don't give a rat's ass what Kell Brook considers himself.

Comment

I don't consider Golovkin great so I can't consider it a great win really. Great is not a word I throw around though, it would likely be the biggest win of the year and would really put Brook on the map but it is not on the all-time level of big wins or upsets.

Comment

Working...
                  X