Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Andre Ward retired today, should he get inducted into the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Froch resume > Ward resume.

no it is not. froch lost to the two best fighters he ever faced. ward freaking destroyed froch and kessler.

Comment

If he died today - First ballot.

If he retired today - He would get in eventually.

Comment

Wards resume is superior to froch's resume

But there's already been a massive thread on that

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Froch has a better resume than Ward.
          I agree with this, and I would have to say no right now.

Comment

He's not really done enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              no it is not.
              Yes it is.

froch lost to the two best fighters he ever faced. ward freaking destroyed froch and kessler.
              Ward didn't destroy anybody. Maybe Glass Jawson, but that's it. The win over Froch is legit, but the Kessler win is shady at best.

Froch has much the deeper resume.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                He belongs. He would have beaten Calzaghe, Bute, and anyone else put in front of him.
                Calzaghe would have beaten ward, Roy jones would have beat ward, winky would have beat ward,, ward is a good solid fighter but not an all time great yet. I don't like Calzaghe but he put the beats on his best opponents

Comment

Originally posted by Wuckoo View Post
                  Froch also at least makes an effort to fight outside of one county
                  I can't remember the last time Floyd left the country to fight, don't see why it would matter. Ward did fight in New Jersey, so I consider that outside the country.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Yes it is.

Ward didn't destroy anybody. Maybe Glass Jawson, but that's it. The win over Froch is legit, but the Kessler win is shady at best.

Froch has much the deeper resume.

froch and kessler got destroyed by ward. you don't need to be a power puncher to pick somebody apart. froch was ready to retire after the ward fight, if you care to recall. kessler went from the favorite in the tournament to an aging fighter.

the kessler win is "shady" only to you and your bscene flunkies, man. real journalists, experts, don't call that a shady win, and it won't be remembered that way historically.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      That doesn't mean much to me. It's who you beat that gets you recognition.

Ward might have fought for THE title 3 times against Froch, Dawson and Rodriguez.

Does that make the wins better? Does that eclipse the likes of Dirrell, Pascal, Bute, Kessler, Taylor, Groves etc? It doesn't to me no matter what title they fought for.

Well he did beat Froch's best win first and Froch doesn't have another in the same league has his own name would be worth, does he? I mean, when all is said and done is Taylor or Groves a more worthy 168 name than Froch himself? I don't think so. What do world title fights mean when literally no half-intelligent person considers you the top fighter in the division? Fighting as the premier fighter>fighting as the second best. Does Froch have a deeper resume? Yeah. He does. But he's always been second best to Ward in his own time. So I can definitely see saying you couldn't be putting Froch, a one division fighter who never eclipsed Ward over Ward himself for a HOF vote. Plus, Ward was out DECISIVELY beating Froch and Kessler. You're going to bring up Dirrell and Groves I and you've got a very suspect stoppage and a very controversial decision. It's not just who you beat but how you beat them if you're comparing them directly.

Comment

Working...
                      X