Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you think Hispanics or Latinos don't have a voice?..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're too busy working and doing things, so when it comes to stuff of this nature...we don't really have time for it

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
      Dude, laziness is not a black thing, it is an American thing. Many immigrants in the US work two or three jobs to make ends meet. I notice many born Americans, black or white, or whatever, are just downright lazy.

i never said it was...i didnt even mention black people....slow your roll, reverend

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        because they're too busy working....some of the hardest working and humble people i know are hispanic
        This

Maybe people have never heard of Caesar Chavez either

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Yeah I just brought them up as example, most see right through them even in their own race but they do get heard and get attention and truthfully thats the old school way of getting a point across at least.
          Honestly it really doesnt work. If both (black and hispanics) want it to work then they gotta go to the source i.e the supreme court or pretty much government owned spots (apologize for lack of description but the booze got me). Marching down the streets or walking out of schools isnt gonna do anything but piss the people who drive by there off. They gotta go to the source and demand change.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            Because they are different culturally. Tejanos, Chicanos, illegals from Southern mexico/Guatemala, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, etc... they have different opinions and group iden****** and thus require their own distinct representation for their group's interest.

Whereas with the African-American population around the US they were mostly all in the deep south until the Great Migration and are much more easily represented as a group because they share similar culture and dialect around the country.
            This guy nailed it!

I am a Mexican American Sephardic Jew. I get along with convicts, killers, and garbage like me. I love going to Mexico to see my primo's, eating good food, and doing whatever. I got a buddy in Cartegena Colombia, as straight laced as they come. I like South American, and non Mexican Latina's more than Mexicana's. I don't like ****ing women who sound like my sisters...

Call me Papi.. With a Puerto Rican accent and we are all good...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              in the U.S.A. like a Jesse Jackson or an Al Sharpton?

Who says we don't have a voice?

Just off the top:

Ricky Martin
              Enrique Iglesias
              Mana
              Grupo Niche
              Chayanne
              Elvis Crespo
              Shakira
              Olga Tanon
              Mala Fe
              Frank Reyes
              Gloria Estefan

All have great voices.

/thread
              /wrecked
              /ether
              /pwnt
              /bodied

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                This

Maybe people have never heard of Caesar Chavez either
                He was more for migrant farm workers not so much for the urban & suburban latino civil rights. Good man for a different cause i feel at least.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Who says we don't have a voice?

Just off the top:

Ricky Martin
                  Enrique Iglesias
                  Mana
                  Grupo Niche
                  Chayanne
                  Elvis Crespo
                  Shakira
                  Olga Tanon
                  Mala Fe
                  Frank Reyes
                  Gloria Estefan

All have great voices.

/thread
                  /wrecked
                  /ether
                  /pwnt
                  /bodied
                  Shakira is so fine, she just dont know. Lol

Comment

I'm the voice of Tha Latino langa so not really pressed about any other platforms at the moment. Letting all ya *****s know.

Comment

that's because latinos aren't craving for attention all the time. i've seen many latinos get abused by the LAPD and various other PD's yet whenever there's a rally against police brutality in L.A. it's only the blacks marching, with a few latino exceptions. they always set up these gang interventions and community gatherings to stop gang violence and it's always blacks who show up, latinos don't. like the other day snoop dogg and the game held a peace conference thing for the south LA community and there were nothing but black people on stage. latinos don't feel included or involved so they won't show up and support those causes.

Comment

Working...
                      X