No announcement yet.

New Vinny Pazienza Movie Coming This Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    The trailer looked good anyways...hope the movie lives up to it.
    Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Damn, Ted Levine? And I almost didn't recognize Aaron Eckhart in that trailer. Looks pretty good, like it'll be even better than the Micky Ward movie.
    Most dont, but being from the area and a fan I'm looking forward to it. Seems it could be better than some boxing movies but we'll see.

Comment

I will eventually see both, but will not be breaking down any doors to do so. I have been around long enough to know what to expect--disappointment--especially from sports movies, which are basically the same movie over and over with varying amounts of over-the-top glorification of an underdog who comes back. Whew! No hurry at all.

Comment

Being that im a huge Duran fan and know his history well, i'm kind of hesitant to watch that movie. I dont want to be disappointed. If it gets good reviews and is accurate ill catch it on dvd.

As far as the Vinny Paz movie is concerned i do look forward to it for sure. With his personality and who he was and the things he went through in life. How can it not be a good entertaining movie. If the vinny paz movie is as good as the fights he was in, then we are in for a real treat with this movie.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          looks very interesting, the trailer is very well done and as Anthony has mentioned a very respected cast.

Comment

Vinny Pazienza was a bad mfer. Working out with a f#cking halo on his ass after his car accident.
            "I said no Dr.Carter you're wrong,I am going to box again"

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Vinny Pazienza was a bad mfer. Working out with a f#cking halo on his ass after his car accident.
              "I said no Dr.Carter you're wrong,I am going to box again"

Yea man Vinny Paz was bad MFer. Win lose or draw dude was always in a good fight. Dude didnt have the "quit or stop" gene in his body.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfBoxing View Post
                I fought on undercard vs Frank Savannah [L-4]
                That's pretty cool. John Wilkinson I'm presuming. Boxrec has you down as fighting 'Iceman' John Scully on your debut then Otis Grant three fights later. There was something about Grant that I always liked.

As for the films, firstly thanks for the heads up, the Paz movie had slipped under my radar. I'm more interest it that than I am the Duran movie. The problems that they've had throughout filming and before have made me a little cautious about watching it. Duran's an iconic figure. I'm anticipating a pastiche of over familiar waypoints crudely spliced together. . . . I hope to God I'm wrong!

I've still never watched Will Smith's 'Ali' for the same reason. I can't bare to look.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I watch every boxing movie, even the ****ty ones so I'll definitely check this out. The Pazienza story should be good. Him cruising around with that halo & fighting again was nuts.
                  back in the day.

quite possibly the worst movie ever done but i still watched because, boxing.

Comment

Did Kevin Rooney work with him?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Did Kevin Rooney work with him?
                      i seem to recall that he did but I have no idea how long

Comment

Working...
                      X