Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fight in 10 weeks, 0 experience, advices?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
    Good idea my man!, TS you hear that, just hit each other in the head with a cement block. though I prefer a brick much cleaner and blood will blend in with the color of the brick.
    Lol if they do that then they deserve to be hit in the head with a cement block

Comment

Originally posted by spexel View Post
      I will fight my best friend in 10 weeks and I need some help for my preparation. We both have 0 fighting experience. We both are 28 year old, he's got about 1-2 inch more in reach and size and he has a better cardio. On the plus side, I am more powerful and athletic than him and I beat him in most sports. Right now my training is a 'at home training' just to get my endurance up, I shadow box, speed punch, push ups and squats with no weight. I also plan on taking private lessons once a week or every two week. I have no idea how my friend will train but in general he is on the lazy/last minute side.

How would you prepare for a fight given that you have one big training session available per week and 30 minutes at home when waking up each day? I need the 20% that will give me the 80% output, in other words I'm looking to maximize my short term result. I am not looking for a slow process that will make me a better fighter in the long run since I don't plan on fighting after that, except if I really like it.

It will be a 3 round fight, 3 minutes rounds with helmet and a referee. I am 5'6, 157 pounds, I used to be very muscular, at my peak I was 175 pounds 10% body fat, but now I am at my worst form ever and this challenge is also a good reason to get back in shape even tho I don't want to be as muscular as I was.

I know some of you will find this dumb or not a good way to train for boxing but this is not what this is about. It's a fun challenge between two friend.

Thank you guys.

Cliff note: Fight in 10 weeks, 0 fighting experience, need advice on how to train to get 80% of the results with 20% of the inputs.

(sorry for my English it is not my first language)
      So it sounds like this isn't an official amateur fight and this is just a backyard brawl you set up with your friend, which is hilarious!

That being said, keep it simple stupid. What I mean by this is don't think too much when you're fighting. At the beginning stage, you don't want to be doing anything super complicated like combinations, or setting up certain punches, fainting, none of that. Honestly you don't even need any real technique. You just need to be in better shape.

Just keep your punches straight. Straight punches reach their target quicker than fat, looping punches. Basic geometry. Keep your chin tucked in. If your head is up in the air exposed, you will get hurt bad.

Don't forget your mouth guard. Oh and when you and your friend do fight, please make sure it's recorded and post the video on here so we can all watch.

Comment

Its pretty easy, just dodge his punches like this:

And then hit him back like:

Comment

Did you win?

Comment

Stay relaxed with a chip on your shoulder, and let your training take over. If you get hit get him back just as good or better

Comment

Working...
            X