Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad chad no question.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I'm very surprised the poll is one sided. Dawson is one of the most talented fighters in the sport, and the fact that he wanted this fight so badly gives me pause about who to pick. It does seem like he isn't getting enough respect here.
      I agree boldly ....B.Hop does that as well....asks for fights that the public thinks he can't win....afterwards dudes have the shock look lol

Comment

• Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
        Dawson by SD....maybe Chad know something we don't know
        Chad doesn't know a damn thing we don't. He's seen Ward's accolades, he knows he's considered a top fighter & he wants the damn spot. It's hard to come by a fighter that wants to fight the best these days. Very refreshing. Even though I'm picking Ward, gotta commend Dawson for going against the grain.

Comment

• Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
          I heard him say that he was gonna fight Ward's fight...a inside fight...when I heard THAT ....but I honestly think he see something he can expose on Ward.... we won't see it until Sept. 8 though....Ward is THAT dude...no ifs ands or buts....dude Vice president atm....and if he beats Chad, he might get enough votes to run President Mayweather right outta office

I'm putting chips on the underdog....hopefully my pitbull terrier can do his thing!!
          If you are going to bet on Dawson,I would'int esp if he really believes fighting on the inside is the smart move for him...I like that Dawson is showing guts and a fighters will..But there's one thing to show balls and another to be straight stupid..Fighting Wards fight is dumb,hell he would still have a hard time trying to fight Ward from the outside..

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
            Not surprised by the results, given that Dawson didn't look impressive against Hopkins, even though he won.

This is a 50/50 fight. If the fights ends up being close, I think the decision will go to Andre Ward. But I think Dawson proves the doubters wrong and convincingly beats Ward.
            Name one boxer that has looked impressive against the executioner!!

DAwson has probably been the most impressive against Hopkins yet..

Hopkins has a higher IQ than Ward I'd say,longer reach(bigger man)

Too many people are writing Dawson off just because he hasn't completely dominated....Ward wasn't too good against Bika

Comment

• Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
              dawson giving up weight and venue makes me think that he has seen something in ward which he feels he can exploit.

maybe ward isn't accustomed to fighting guys with such a big reach advantage or maybe he isn't effective against southpaws.

i have still got ward down for winning this. i think hes too skilled and aggressive. dawson missed a trick by not calling for a catchweight fight (171 would be perfect) and i think having to work really hard in training will mean he starts the fight slowly.

this is where i see ward taking the initiative he can be real dog sometimes and dawson does struggle against some aggressive boxers (think pascal).
              Pascal has some of the fastest footwork to get in and out at light heavyweight... this guy traded with Froch and wanted nothing of the sort from Dawson and felt his power several times.... pascal lunged and retreated and Dawson hesitated.. Ward will not fight the same as pascal and can't bang too hard..

Dawson has underated power and it might show

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
                Not surprised by the results, given that Dawson didn't look impressive against Hopkins, even though he won.

This is a 50/50 fight. If the fights ends up being close, I think the decision will go to Andre Ward. But I think Dawson proves the doubters wrong and convincingly beats Ward.
                No one looks good against Hopkins, but i agree Dawson take this.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  nope..

dawson sometimes cuts weight so he can be big in the ring and match the strenght of fighters like adamek and johnson. but he doesnt have to cut weight to make 175 and often doesnt, just when it fits his gameplan like fighting someone whos known for their strenght.

i said im not sure hes ever been 185 in his life, i guess i was wrong about that. hes been 186 once, at night when you always weigh a few pounds more than at any other time of the day. my bad.
                  Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  He's been higher than that on fight night, up to 188-191, I believe.
                  again..

sometimes hes heavy, sometimes he isnt. it depends on the opponent and what they bring to the table. if they are known to be strong he might be 188-191 so he can match that strenght, but thats by choice. he doesnt have to cut weight like that and often doesnt, if he has to deal with speed for example (like against ward).

it doesnt matter exactly how heavy hes been as its by choice, he chooses to put on that weight and fight that heavy but he could just as easily be lighter if he wants to do that. if he had to cut weight to make 175 and always came in heavy it would be a diffrent story.

but he says his natural fighting weight is below 175, he just has such a big frame he can add weight to it if he wants to and still be competetive. like hearns, arguello, paul williams and many other fighters with that type of build. i know bcuz i do it myself, i can go from 141, to 152 to 165 and then right back down to 141.
                  Last edited by #1Assassin; 08-05-2012, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Chad doesn't know a damn thing we don't. He's seen Ward's accolades, he knows he's considered a top fighter & he wants the damn spot. It's hard to come by a fighter that wants to fight the best these days. Very refreshing. Even though I'm picking Ward, gotta commend Dawson for going against the grain.
                    No doubt about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                      again..

sometimes hes heavy, sometimes he isnt. it depends on the opponent and what they bring to the table. if they are known to be strong he might be 188-191 so he can match that strenght, but thats by choice. he doesnt have to cut weight like that and often doesnt, if he has to deal with speed for example (like against ward).

it doesnt matter exactly how heavy hes been as its by choice, he chooses to put on that weight and fight that heavy but he could just as easily be lighter if he wants to do that. if he had to cut weight to make 175 and always came in heavy it would be a diffrent story.

but he says his natural fighting weight is below 175, he just has such a big frame he can add weight to it if he wants to and still be competetive. like hearns, arguello, paul williams and many other fighters with that type of build. i know bcuz i do it myself, i can go from 141, to 152 to 165 and then right back down to 141.
                      Fair enough but that wasn't my point. What I'm saying is that if he really walked around at 180, he wouldn't be proudly telling people how he's been in the gym for four weeks and lost two pounds (178). He probably walks around at 190.

Comment

Working...
                      X