No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios-Yuriorkis Gamboa Confirmed For April 14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
    Potential candidate for fight of the year.
    this^^^^^^^^^^^^

this is gonna be fire!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      this right here man lets be honest there is more money @140 and step closer to a mega fight so why was he killing himself for years to make weight? Rios has no boxing skills no defense no footwork and no speed he really needs that size advantage to dominate he moves up in weight and I could see him losing to guys like Matthysse and Garcia @ 140
      I'm very curious to see his reply. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
        Surprisingly Top Rank hasnt milked both fighters first before matching these two up... I guess they learned their lesson when holding off Juan Ma and Gamboa for toooo long..

Great match up, cant wait for this one... I see Rios taking this one.. Rios will find a way to land on Gamboas chin. Gamboa will be down a few times in this fight.. Hope this one isnt on PPV but if it is ill still pay for it..
        Rios wont be able to make 135 for too long and they know 140 will be a different story they needed to make this fight right now

Comment

• Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
          Surprisingly Top Rank hasnt milked both fighters first before matching these two up... I guess they learned their lesson when holding off Juan Ma and Gamboa for toooo long..

Great match up, cant wait for this one... I see Rios taking this one.. Rios will find a way to land on Gamboas chin. Gamboa will be down a few times in this fight.. Hope this one isnt on PPV but if it is ill still pay for it..
          It will not be on PPV.

Comment

• Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
            this^^^^^^^^^^^^

this is gonna be fire!!!!!
            What say you, Naazim? Assuming Brandon can sweep up 140, why would he be killing himself to make 135 all this time?

(BTW, great showing against Hernandez by your man "USS". He's a true champion, with the heart of a lion.)

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              So, if everyone but Bradley is so easy, why is Brandon killing himself to make 135? If Rios is taking a risk, there's a reason for it.
              Not sure what you are asking me. Why is Rios still fighting at 135? He said this will be his last fight before moving up to 140. And, that he will only fight at 135 for Gamboa. So obviously he feels he is done at 135 right? But, my opinion is that only Bradley can beat him at 140. Doesn't mean that he or anyone else feels the same. But, that is my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by damit305 View Post
                It will not be on PPV.
                Where'd you get that pic of Ismael, bro? Looks like you took it on your cell....

Comment

• Originally posted by PBFP4P View Post
                  Not sure what you are asking me. Why is Rios still fighting at 135? He said this will be his last fight before moving up to 140. And, that he will only fight at 135 for Gamboa. So obviously he feels he is done at 135 right? But, my opinion is that only Bradley can beat him at 140. Doesn't mean that he or anyone else feels the same. But, that is my opinion.
                  Brandon is only now moving up, after spending a good deal of time at 135. He's being forced by his own body to move up in weight. The implication is that if he could still reasonably make weight, he'd probably stay at 135. You're saying that Rios can best anyone at 140 but Bradley. I'm saying that if that was the case, Brandon would've moved up a while ago. And, frankly, I think Rios and his team have a better idea than any of us as to whom "Bam Bam" can handle or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Brandon is only now moving up, after spending a good deal of time at 135. He's being forced by his own body to move up in weight. The implication is that if he could still reasonably make weight, he'd probably stay at 135. You're saying that Rios can best anyone at 140 but Bradley. I'm saying that if that was the case, Brandon would've moved up a while ago. And, frankly, I think Rios and his team have a better idea than any of us as to whom "Bam Bam" can handle or not.
                    That's fine, they might have a better idea than any of us. Does that mean I can't give my opinion on who I would favor on a fight? Also, hence why I said it would be a toss up just to save the argument.

Comment

• Not sure what a win for Rios would do for him considering Gamboa is moving two weight classes to fight him?

For Gamboa however beating Rios and especially in a spectacular fashion should move up the ranks and possibly on the Top 7-10 spot P4P..

I like both fighters aggressive fighting styles. Definitely expect fireworks.

Comment

Working...
                      X