Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need your reviews on Fightgear's face-bar headgear, not the full-face headgear.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your reviews on Fightgear's face-bar headgear, not the full-face headgear.

I originally made a thread wanting reviews on Fightgear's headgear w/ a face-bar, but mistakenly typed in full-face headgear.

Anyway, I just need your guys' review on it for those who own it, remember it's the one with the face-bar I want feedback on. Appreciate the help.

Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow, since I've already tried on Winning's FG-5000, I'll let y'all know how Fightgear's fares

Comment

alright thanks cause im planning on ordering the winning headgear sometime this week

Comment

that is sucha big price for the winning, you should have gotten it when the site was messed up lol

Comment

yeah i know man i was gonna order before they raised the prices but oh well.... i work and my whole paycheck always goes towards something boxing related lol

Comment

My Fightgear headgear w/ facebar arrived today. All I can say is, I'm dissapointed. The facebar itself is crooked, or in my case it veers to the left while the forehead part/upper part of the headgear goes the opposite direction. So, it's ******ed looking.

Also, the ear part, the hole is too big, so if you get hit on your ear, you virtually have no protection, good luck to anyone and hope that you don't get a busted eardrum.

When you go to Fightgear's website they boast of having the best headgears around because they only make headgears. All I gotta say is, Fightgear ain't got nothin' on Winning's headgears!

As far as protection is concerned, I couldn't tell ya since I'm returning this **** tomorrow. Just the looks of it, it doesn't even come close to Winning's FG-5000. Fightgear's looks cheap, yet the one I purchased is the most expensive .

If you look on the websites of both companies, Fightgear's headgear don't look bad at all, but now that I've gotten to see and try both brands's headgears, Winning is hands down the best in looks, feel, and quality!

The craftsmanship in the Winning headgear is the best I've seen and worn!

I'm actually just gonna exchange this **** for some Ringside air-mitts, I can't stand using the gym's pads anymore.
            Last edited by We want Floyd; 05-07-2009, 10:39 PM.

Comment

i think the general consensus is that winning is the best brand in boxing. no one is arguing that. comparing the craftsmanship of winning headgear to fightgear headgear isn't really legit. just look at the price difference. what did you expect? that said, fightgear does make good products. i use their competition headgear for both competition and sparring and i'm really pleased with it. good protection. it doesn't slide around on me. i've been using the same headgear day in and day out for the past 18 months and it's held up great. good stuff overall.

Comment

Originally posted by rj_ct View Post
                i think the general consensus is that winning is the best brand in boxing. no one is arguing that. comparing the craftsmanship of winning headgear to fightgear headgear isn't really legit. just look at the price difference. what did you expect? that said, fightgear does make good products. i use their competition headgear for both competition and sparring and i'm really pleased with it. good protection. it doesn't slide around on me. i've been using the same headgear day in and day out for the past 18 months and it's held up great. good stuff overall.
                I see what your saying, but, dude, if you saw my ****. I'd upload how it looks but this site doesn't allow me to upload any of my pics.

Anyway, maybe I just got a bad batch, 'cause the moment I wore it in front of my girlfriend, she saw that it didn't look right. I mean, the facebar is just f**kin' crooked and it's funny and annoying to look at.

Have you ever seen some people where their jaw is pointed to the side, it looks like how a bulldog has his jaw pointing in one direction and the rest of his head facing the other way. Ughh, it just looks f**kin' ******ed.

Comment

yeah man im def going with the winning headgear but the $370 is going to rip me a new hole but you gotta do what you gotta do

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin6591 View Post
                    yeah man im def going with the winning headgear but the $370 is going to rip me a new hole but you gotta do what you gotta do
                    That's why we work, bro. If I do go with the Winning, it ain't the $370 that's gonna rip me a new one, it's gonna be my girlfriend(lol).

I could use that $370 as part of my airfare to Hawaii or maybe scoop me up some Cotto-Clottey tix, hmm, decisions, decisions.

Comment

Working...
                    X