No announcement yet.

Respect: Battle Tested Orlando “Siri” Salado

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect: Battle Tested Orlando “Siri” Salado

I mean wow how many great fight have he gave us and he not even top level but he can beat anyone on any day.

Respect to the Mexican Warrior

He's a serious badass.

Comment

Word. Even in the Mikey Garcia fight, he was down by about 10 points and he didn't give up, he was trying to stage a comeback. You have to bring your A-game to beat him, he's just relentless as they come.

Comment

Loved following this guy. Great career.

Didn't get the respect he deserved until he stopped JuanMa and took his 0 and then beat him again in the rematch.

I remember when that fight was signed, and people said it was a joke of a fight. The vast majority of the forum said it was a joke, cherry pick from Lopez. Imagine that.

To me, it was obvious Salido would put Lopez through a world of hurt.

The second fight was unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Didn't get the respect he deserved until he stopped JuanMa and took his 0 and then beat him again in the rematch.

I remember when that fight was signed, and people said it was a joke of a fight. The vast majority of the forum said it was a joke, cherry pick from Lopez. Imagine that.

That was the Gamboa effect. People need to learn to stop assuming that if one fighter beats another, that mean the fighter they like will do the same.

And it's not like Salido got embarrassed against Gamboa, either. That was a competitive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
            Word. Even in the Mikey Garcia fight, he was down by about 10 points and he didn't give up, he was trying to stage a comeback. You have to bring your A-game to beat him, he's just relentless as they come.
            Whats crazy is he does it against top competition not tune ups etc etc

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

yup he earned his the hard way and was not going to be denied

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            That was the Gamboa effect. People need to learn to stop assuming that if one fighter beats another, that mean the fighter they like will do the same.

And it's not like Salido got embarrassed against Gamboa, either. That was a competitive fight.
            its just how it is, most boxing fans are casuals and that how they decide whos gonna win. you can do that in team sports but not boxing.

Comment

A career that stood at 6-5-1 and look what he has accomplished. His career is a true inspiration to anyone that what/where ever you are just don't give up. Literally punched his way to the top. I was so, so happy when he beat Loma and not to mention that KO of Lopez echoed for months.

Comment

It may sound strange but salido is one of my favourite boxers. He trains hard, fights anyone and still gives them trouble. Even when he is behind on the cards he still ploughs through because he never gives up

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
                  I mean wow how many great fight have he gave us and he not even top level but he can beat anyone on any day.

Respect to the Mexican Warrior

Dude is the new Glen Johnson.

Comment

I agree on every single point made, except for "he isn't top level". the guy had been one of the top featherweights in the world for some time before he couldn't make weight anymore, not to mention he is a THREE TIME world champion.

Personally, he is top five of my favorite currently active fighters: switch hitter, amazing body attack, and one of the best right hands in the bussiness? YES PLEASE.

Comment

Working...
                    X