Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think a time-travel machine is possible?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
    Even Einstein admitted himself that the biggest mistake of his life was incorporating in his general theory of relativity a constant that would imply the universe was static.

Hawkings have committed a number of theoretical mistakes. the recent detection of gravitational waves by BICEPS2 debunk the theory stated by Hawkings in his book, a brief history of time, that the universe will reach a saturation point in its expansion and will shrink back.
    Nope. Hawkings can never be wrong. Ask russiancrushin.

But yeah, 'time' doesn't exist. Motion and change exist. Time was just created to measure said motion and change. One rotation around the sun is just that, one rotation around the sun. Nothing more. Its humans who came along and said its a day, and broke it further down mathematically.

But don't listen to me. I'm just an obscure boxing scene lounge poster. Instead put your trust in the dude that can never be wrong because he's uber smart......yet has been proven to be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post

But yeah, 'time' doesn't exist. Motion and change exist. Time was just created to measure said motion and change. One rotation around the sun is just that, one rotation around the sun. Nothing more. Its humans who came along and said its a day, and broke it further down mathematically.

But don't listen to me. I'm just an obscure boxing scene lounge poster. Instead put your trust in the dude that can never be wrong because he's uber smart......yet has been proven to be wrong.
      One rotation around the sun is a year.

Comment

Time travel is only possible into the future, not into the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          One rotation around the sun is a year.
          Lol, sure. One rotation of the earth, one rotation around the sun, etc. They are just that, motion and change. Years, months, days, minutes, etc are just the created concepts to measure said motion and change.

Comment

What are we talking about?

Comment

Lol, sure. One rotation of the earth, one rotation around the sun, etc. They are just that, motion and change. Years, months, days, minutes, etc are just the created concepts to measure said motion and change.
              Yea, everything are just that. Every thing that exist are created concepts for identification purposes.

Comment

it could be done. all you need is a kitchen sink..

Comment

of course.

Its called daylight savings.

Comment

It's possible to travel to the future... If you go the faster than the speed of light for a year in space and comeback to earth, a thousand years would have passed...

Going back in time is highly unlikely, and probably only possible if space time does have wormholes thru time... But I doubt this IMO

Comment

I think it's highly unlikely

Forward in time is certainly a possibility because once you break light speed you are playing with the passage of time as it relates to you.

They used to say breaking the light barrier is impossible but I don't believe that is the case.

Comment

Working...
                      X