Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Machida is a bad matchup for Jones?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Machida is a bad matchup for Jones?

I see alot of ppl say Machida is a bad matchup for Jones cuz of his "unique" style which is really a tag and run opponent who got aggressive against Randy Couture and KO'd him which was expected.

Machida keeps his hands in a karate stance which really isnt good against a guy with freakishly long arms in the stand up game. Machida has great TDD so I think Jones will keep it on the feet and out strike Machida since he keeps his hands low and Jones will nullify his tag and run style...

Think about it...

He's not.

Jon Jones would bonnar his ass. Sorry, love Ryu but Jon Jones is the new breed of mma fighter.

Comment

He's a bad style match because of his movement and footwork. It will be hard for Jones to get his grecco wrestling going to take him down, Machida is a HORRIBLE match up for ANY wrestler. Thats why is absolutely laughable to think some MW that's proven to be garbage at 205 like Sonnen is gonna LNP him.

But Machida's striking defense it absolutely terrible as far as covering his face keeping his hands up and keeping his chin down it's all footwork so i still think Jones out strikes him and knocks him out like Shogun.

Comment

I think Jon Jones would walk through Machida, no one has someone like Jones before and it will take a while for him to get thrown down.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          He's not.

Jon Jones would bonnar his ass. Sorry, love Ryu but Jon Jones is the new breed of mma fighter.
          Not really hes just freak of nature.

Comment

The nut huggery is strong in this thread...

Comment

Jones would have a hard time taking the fight to the ground because of Machida's takedown defense, and he would have a difficult time outstriking Machida because of his counterstriking ability and movement. I see Jones having a difficult time with Machida because of these factors.

And anyone who uses the catchphrase "new breed" probably takes it up the ass.

Also, I don't know that I would call Jones a greco roman wrestler.

Comment

lol, how gay are you? your worse than dehydrator. Now your going to follow each one of my posts and type some kind of insult to whatever I say huh? But too biotch to do it directly, so you'll do it indirectly. ***get much.

As far as the topic goes. I say that because Jon Jones is just as agile on his feet and with a freakishly long reach. Not to mention he changes it up so much that you can't catch a rhythm, he basically fights with no rhythm. You think a punch is coming, you get elbowed. A kick, you get taken down. Shyt is ridiculous.

He wouldn't have any problems with Machida. He's not a stationary one dimensional guy. Ton of variety, has movement, strong. Machida is the one who would have problems.

Comment

It'd be a tough fight from Machida's side as well. Jones is obviously a very capable fighter. I'd say Machida would have to be considered the underdog, but it isn't difficult to envision him giving Jones trouble either.

Comment

Jones is clearly a very good fighter, but let's not forget that all of the things that are being said about him were not long ago being said about Machida. Some of the people who will talk a guy up when he's winning will be the first to write him off when he loses. Let's not get carried away eh?

I think it's a hard style match-up to predict, because Jones hasn't shown many flaws yet and is unusually rangy, while Machida's karate isn't a common approach at the highest level, so it's not as if there are any other fights (that I can think of at least) which bring together these two styles.

I wouldn't be that shocked to see either of them finish the other standing or on the ground.

Comment

Working...
                    X