No announcement yet.

Setting up a speed bag.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up a speed bag.

Hello, so i'm trying to set up this speed bag it did not come witha swivel any ideas what to use in the swivels place?

go buy one there is nothing you can use that will properly replicate a swivel

Comment

ahhh, ok i had a macgyver setup goin on. haha and you want the middle level with your face?

Comment

Originally posted by akMusher View Post
        ahhh, ok i had a macgyver setup goin on. haha and you want the middle level with your face?
        If I remember correctly the widest part of the bag should be at nose level...

Comment

Nose level is ok you can go higher if its adjustable to increase your arm & shoulder workout. Make sure you add some weight 4 to 6 pounds on top of the platform for a better bag reaction.
          Ray.

Comment

This is the perfect way to get Anorak involved in the sport somewhere. Just cut a circle in the base of the speed bag rig and have Anorak stick his head through. You'll probably want to duct tape his mouth shut though before you begin your bag work.......

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              Nose level is ok you can go higher if its adjustable to increase your arm & shoulder workout. Make sure you add some weight 4 to 6 pounds on top of the platform for a better bag reaction.
              Ray.
              Good stuff Ray.....

To TS: Just make sure that those weights are firmly secured up there......

Comment

Ok , great Ill have to order one, and it is every three beats i hit it right? Rockin, dod you call me a coat???!! haha,

Comment

well I have the bag hung from the cabin roof, I think i may make a platform though i have a table top i may rig up.

Comment

i think its about 4-5 inches thick, is that enough?

Comment

Working...
                    X