No announcement yet.

Can YOU Justify the GGG Hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can YOU Justify the GGG Hype?

Ok, couldn't get all I wanted in the title. Basically, is GGG worthy of all the hype he gets or does he need to step up his competition?

If you think he is worthy of hype, explain why?

I'm gonna add a poll, wana see where the NSB posters are flowing
    YES
    67.31%
    NO
    32.69%

The poll is expired.

He needs to step up. NOW.

Comment

yeah, keep the votes coming...I'm makin it so people can see your votes, no one can hide in the land of the Soul!

Comment

He's not worthy of the "top fighter in the world, would beat Ward, everyone in 3 divisions is ducking him," talk at all, and it drives me crazy that people are throwing him in that conversation because it just fuels the hate by the people who want to hate him. Unfortunately, the resentment over the hype leads people to deny facts and pretend that Golovkin's people haven't tried to get the best at middleweight in the ring with him.

He's a pretty good fighter. He just needs the opportunity to prove himself. It's a damn shame the middleweight division have been such b*tches when it comes to fighting the man. I hope that changes this year.

Comment

Based on his amateur pedigree alone he's worth some hype. Now he needs to step up, but to be fair it's not like all the best MWs out there are itching to fight him.

Comment

Yes bojangles, GGG has skills and he just needs the opportunity fight the best but he has often avoided those opportunities. Last year there was Mack, quite a few fighters have made noises to fight him, even if the likes of Martinez/Sturm/Geale may not want the fights, there are far better mws to get in the ring with than Ishida, Stevens and Adama.

Comment

i believe he would beat everyone at middleweight and most people at super middleweight. now it's just a case of getting some of these guys in the ring with him.

Comment

Look, the guy destroys all his opponents. Macklin, Rosado & Stevens are not bums, despite what some people say, and Golovkin simply walks through them. Maybe the hype surrounding him has gotten A LITTLE too much, but only a little. He deserves hype. He's so talented, and we will see just how talented when he fights Martinez & Quillin.

I truly believe the only guy he loses to is Ward.

Comment

Just from watching him at work I believe he is p4p the best fighter out there. I do agree that he needs to back it up by beating better opposition. I don't see many queuing up to fight him though.

Comment

He's worth of the hype sure...it's just hype...we will know if he's real when he fights Martinez or even Murray or Sturm I guess. He is blowing out every guy he's in with at least. That's what great fighters do against bums... Look at Peter Quillen, he struggles against the same level of opposition and people think he'd beat GGG...

Comment

Working...
                    X