No announcement yet.

Fight in about 7-14 days. How to train for it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight in about 7-14 days. How to train for it

Hey guys, completely new to this forum and boxing in general.
    Basically i have a fight with some guy coming up soon no way i can get out of it, but ive never had a proper fight before. Im not a weak person, generally athletic build and am a keen competitive runner so quite fit. I want to be able to pack a reasonable punch, but not put on too much mass as to slow down my running, because im hoping that this will be a one off thing. What muscles should i train, what exercises? afew drills perhaps?

Originally posted by Notboxer_runner View Post
    Basically i have a fight with some guy coming up soon no way i can get out of it, but ive never had a proper fight before. Im not a weak person, generally athletic build and am a keen competitive runner so quite fit. I want to be able to pack a reasonable punch, but not put on too much mass as to slow down my running, because im hoping that this will be a one off thing. What muscles should i train, what exercises? afew drills perhaps?
    Put on mass? Are you serious? If you think that's relative I don't think you have much hope....The other guy could be fat and out of shape but If he knows how to throw a nice jab and straight right he's still gonna kick the **** out of you....Just shadowbox...that's it...don't try to be fast or strong just throw them properly.

Comment

So you have a scheduled street fight? If this is an actual boxing match, no self respecting trainer would let someone this clueless about the sport fight. Being a runner and fit is great but if you have no foundation to work with it doesn't mean ****. Go to a gym and have a trainer show you proper technique.

Comment

street fights are for fools.

but regardless, 1-2 weeks is more than enough time to pack on some mass and learn to box like a master.

I recommend that you read through the entire Training and Nutrition section, it will have you boxing like Ali in no time and add 2" to your biceps.

go git 'em champ.
        Last edited by Rockin'; 04-21-2015, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Are you fighting at night? Against a girl or guy? Do you cut easily? Cry?
          Do you need a cutman? How about an ambulance near by?
          Why not fight in the ER parking lot?
          Seriously how old are you? Are you getting paid to brawl in the street? If not
          retire from your new career your starting off wrong!!!

Maybe Rockin' can train you for a day or two and I'll come in and wrap your hands or head!

Is this place going to **** or what????

Comment

Don't listen to pivot and roll. Only shadow boxing will get your a$$ beat in a hurry. Get a coach and spar. You only learn how to fight by actually fighting. Sparring, sparring, and more sparring.

Comment

Okay so In terms of size, I'm 6ft about 155lbs and as a rough estimate I would say the guy would be maybe 6"1 or 6"2 and maybe 165lbs. Last night did some push ups, 11kg biceps curls and then some straight arm extensions with the weights which I figured would simulate throwing punches when tired (correct me if I'm completely wrong about this) also some of my mates have been doing a bit of sparring with me (they know how to fight, at least better than me) but with open hands so we don't seriously hurt each other with bareknuckle hits to the face. I have about 30kg of adjustable weights with a pair of dumbells, some exercises with those perhaps guys? But thanks so far!! Shadowboxing seems like a good idea

Comment

Okay so In terms of size, I'm 6ft about 155lbs and as a rough estimate I would say the guy would be maybe 6"1 or 6"2 and maybe 165lbs. Last night did some push ups, 11kg biceps curls and then some straight arm extensions with the weights which I figured would simulate throwing punches when tired (correct me if I'm completely wrong about this) also some of my mates have been doing a bit of sparring with me (they know how to fight, at least better than me) but with open hands so we don't seriously hurt each other with bareknuckle hits to the face. I have about 30kg of adjustable weights with a pair of dumbells, some exercises with those perhaps guys? But thanks so far!! Shadowboxing seems like a good idea
                Quit worrying about working out your arms. A small guy can hit 3x as hard as a big guy if he knows the technique over the big guy.

Comment

I thought this forum was for training for boxing. Not street fighting. Smdh you'd be better off going to a gym and dedicating yourself to the sport than fighting some guy in the street

Comment

Originally posted by Wuckoo View Post
                    I thought this forum was for training for boxing. Not street fighting. Smdh you'd be better off going to a gym and dedicating yourself to the sport than fighting some guy in the street
                    That's why I'm telling him to learn the technique and go to a club. I'll point him in the right direction but the kid needs to learn to do things for himself. I've done my part in helping him not get his ass kicked

Comment

Working...
                    X