No announcement yet.

Drills to improve jab.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drills to improve jab.

Are there any drills or exercises you can do to improve your jab?

shadow box jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab
    heavy bah jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab
    double end bag jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
      Are there any drills or exercises you can do to improve your jab?
      first you have to really understand the mechanics

Most people do not even know what they are drilling

Comment

There are also more than one kind of jab.

But like the one guy said you throw it over and over to get it better.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
          shadow box jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab
          heavy bah jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab
          double end bag jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab
          Also the rope thing.

Duck under and come up, jab jab jab, duck back under and come back up, jab, jab, jab, pivot outside of the rope jab jab jab jab........... for all of eternity.

Work on moving your head position every time you jab. Learn the different varieties of the jab(Flicker jab, up jab, power jab). Watch fights, and watch people around your gym so you can soak up as much knowledge about what works and what doesn't as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            Also the rope thing.

Duck under and come up, jab jab jab, duck back under and come back up, jab, jab, jab, pivot outside of the rope jab jab jab jab........... for all of eternity.

Work on moving your head position every time you jab. Learn the different varieties of the jab(Flicker jab, up jab, power jab). Watch fights, and watch people around your gym so you can soak up as much knowledge about what works and what doesn't as you can.
            yes sir!
            applies to just about everything.
            jab jab jab move.
            1. move ur head
            or
            2. move ur feet
            or
            3. let your opponent move your head for u

Comment

Study video on jabs, lol. I know this may sound silly, but watch a lot of videos of Muhammad Ali, Sonny Liston, Ike Quartey, Wlad Klitschko, John Conteh, Marvin Hagler, etc. These men all helped me improve my own jab. I understand that you just have to have the mechanics of a basic jab down first, though. A good drill to do with a sparring partner is practicing to catch the opponent's jab with your right hand, and counter with your own jab at the same time. Try doing that drill backing up, coming forward or side to side. That helps a lot as well and is a good defensive drill.

Honestly your trainer should be teaching you how to throw a great jab, that's one of the first things that any trainer should show you.
              Last edited by young_robbed; 02-26-2015, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
                Study video on jabs, lol. I know this may sound silly, but watch a lot of videos of Muhammad Ali, Sonny Liston, Ike Quartey, Wlad Klitschko, John Conteh, Marvin Hagler, etc. These men all helped me improve my own jab. I understand that you just have to have the mechanics of a basic jab down first, though. A good drill to do with a sparring partner is practicing to catch the opponent's jab with your right hand, and counter with your own jab at the same time. Try doing that drill backing up, coming forward or side to side. That helps a lot as well and is a good defensive drill.

Honestly your trainer should be teaching you how to throw a great jab, that's one of the first things that any trainer should show you.
                yea studying is good!
                not silly at all.
                and remember to shadow box after all those drills^ HAEHAHE

Comment

Working...
                X