Emanuel Steward "Manny Pacquiao has to be in the top dozen of ATGs"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    Top 12 I don't know. Top 20? Yup

He fought and beat some serious lions. He took some losses along the way, but so did the rest of the top 20. Losses are part of the game.

If you eliminated the fighters who had losses as All time greats, you would have no list. Some people only remember, or like to remember, the losses.

I have him in the top 20 as well, I would have put him in the top 10 if he fought Nate Campbell and unified the 135 pound titles before moving up to fight Oscar.

If he beat Nate Campbell when Nate just destroyed Juan Diaz that would have solidified his top 10 placement in my eyes, and than going up in weight would just be the icing on the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by Silky_Smooth View Post
      Great fighter but top 12 atg is absurd. He's not even the greatest of this generation. Floyd is way above him and Marquez is Pacquiao's papi.
      Typical floydiot logic. Floyd biggest wins in his career were against Oscar, Hatton, Cotto, Mosley and we know how Pac easily dismantled them. Unless of course you are talking about HOF fighters and atgs Floyd already beat like the great Baldomir, atg Gatti, superman Ortiz and batman Guerrero. LMAO! How about Pac accomplishments like he started pro boxing at the age of 16 from 106-154, 8 divisions champ, 4 lineal divisions champ, Fighter of the Decade? LMAO! Your boy achieved nothing other than he went to prison which pale in comparison to honorable Congressman Pacquiao.

Did you know Larry your greatest fighter of this generation admitted on several videos he cherry picked his fights to gain an absolute advantages and if his opponent has a chance of beating him, the fight is off because his health must come first than fight those dangerous fighter his fans want because he said you don't pay his bills. SMH
      Last edited by straightleft; 07-08-2013, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
        Sorry, I would rather listen to a TRUE student of the game, Teddy Atlas, much better trainer, commentator and knows the sport.

Teddy Atlas does not seem to think much of Pacquiao at all.
        Teddy Atlas is a very strange man. And that last statement confirms this.

Comment

Lets look at it.

Mayweather is bigger, taller, longer, better counter puncher, quicker, faster handspeed, better reflex than Marquez....
          And same heart and chin? Pacquiao would have 12 rounds to connect. Even the gazelle would get caught eventually. He knows this, that's why he's been doing his best running outside the ring!

Comment

Lets look at it.

Mayweather is bigger, taller, longer, better counter puncher, quicker, faster handspeed, better reflex than Marquez....

All of this means Manny is in for a terrible night.
            In short...woulda, coulda, shoulda

That's all Fraud Catchweather will ever be. Heck when you can't even beat an little Asian midget for this generation top honor you really are a fraud. Well atleast he is a rich coward, I'll give him that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
              majority of flowmoes doesn't even know what a decade is.
              A decade is be like 2000 - 2005

-The Flowmoes

Comment

I like teddy atlas...bt c'mon he be wrong about alot of stuff...even he admits it

Comment

And pacqauio is a atg...but to 20??? Hellllll nahhhh....dats wat happen when u get caught up in the moment and even steward was guilty of it

Comment

I think when your are talking ATG you have to break it up into 3 groups...

Old-school like demsey, marciano, louis where the mob was running it..

Then the tv age of 60,70.80's

Then the ppv age of 90's-present

The game has changed so much over the decades its nearly impossible to compare manny to henry armstrong or floyd to SRR

Manny is an ATG but ranking is nearly impossible..

I will say he is one of the top 10 fighters i have ever seen with my own eyes..

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      I think when your are talking ATG you have to break it up into 3 groups...

Old-school like demsey, marciano, louis where the mob was running it..

Then the tv age of 60,70.80's

Then the ppv age of 90's-present

The game has changed so much over the decades its nearly impossible to compare manny to henry armstrong or floyd to SRR

Manny is an ATG but ranking is nearly impossible..

I will say he is one of the top 10 fighters i have ever seen with my own eyes..
                      It's impossible to put a number on where PAC is ranked because they're all from different era. All we do know is when it came time to votes who's the best of this generation, the most important people in boxing voted PAC as the top giving him honor as the fighter of this decade.

Comment

Working...
                      X