Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch-Kessler II was a "Fight of the Year" Candidate? Are you kidding me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    People remember it as being way better than it actually was. Just because Emmanuel Steward ehrmagawded doesn't mean the entire fight was great. The second half of the fight was really boring and one-sided.
    Froch-Kessler 2 was much better than Ortiz-Berto.

Like you said, the second half of the fight was dull and one sided with Berto laying against the ropes for almost the entirety and holding.

Comment

Of course it should be nominated for fight of the year. Only an a$$hole thinks otherwise.

Comment

I agree, that was no fight of the year candidate.

Comment

At end of round6 i remember thinking "this is exciting". Last 15 sec of round 7 after a boring jab fest where ward says Froch and Kessler took round off they started banging. Lampley screams "what a fight" and i thought NSB now gonna say this fight of the year and here we are. Last rounds were good in spurts but very very sloppy and in no way FOTY.

Comment

The emotions involved and the atmosphere play a big part.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              At end of round6 i remember thinking "this is exciting". Last 15 sec of round 7 after a boring jab fest where ward says Froch and Kessler took round off they started banging. Lampley screams "what a fight" and i thought NSB now gonna say this fight of the year and here we are. Last rounds were good in spurts but very very sloppy and in no way FOTY.
              right when other fighters jab its boring
              but when its floyd its a masterpeice

gtfo and keep socking floyds d!k

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
                right when other fighters jab its boring
                but when its floyd its a masterpeice

gtfo and keep socking floyds d!k
                This was a tired lazy jab with no pop and none of them fighting or dodging. It was boring. Not even close to the same but thank you for mentioning floyd. You justcant seem to stop thinking about him.

Comment

Have to agree. Good fight, but no more than that. Was surprised to see how highly people were rating it but each to their own. I think the atmosphere might have had a lot to do with it.

Comment

it was good but Bradley-Provodnikov is head and shoulders the FOTY at this moment. A lot better exchanges, more twists and turns.

Comment

what made this a candidate is because we are seeing to ironed chinned and heavy hitters going at each other...
                      what made this more special than bradley vs prov is the fact that this aint a cherry pick by anyone
                      this are two top warriors going at each other

when uhave two ironed chin fighters going at each u dont usually get to see wobbling of feet that makes the Oooozzz And the Ahhh!

i dunno what the TS wants for a fight to be a candidate
                      but this one pass my vote for being a candidate
                      exchanges are there
                      bombs where there
                      not too much running from both
                      chinned being tested almost every round
                      even when they were both tired they still throw bombs which amazed me!

Fight of the year winner? possibly
                      fight of the year candidate? heck yeah

Comment

Working...
                      X