Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anthony Joshua the best HW prospect we've seen in years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
    The only difference between Joshua and the usual heavyweight prospect is the amount of attention, fanfare and exposure he is getting so early in his pro career.
    Yeah? Like who exactly? Who's this usual prospect that is out there just as good as Joshua?

Comment

agreed! in my life time, I haven't seen a better prospect, although I do remember hearing talks of a young Wlad in the late 90s but never got a chance to watch his fights.

AJ has everything but he has to move beyond fighting bums now.

Comment

It's easy to overhype guys but I genuinely feel Joshua would beat near enough everyone in the HW division. He's gonna go on to do big things in the HW division and gather a big following that follows him around the world and I'll be one of them if he fights overseas.

Comment

He certainly looks good but he hasn't really fought anyone so there are still lots of things we don't know about him. His stamina, heart and chin still untested.

Joshua seems like a humble dude and is built like an action figure, super ripped and everything. He's aggressive minded throwing big punches and has a fight friendly style so if he turns out to be the real deal then Anthony Joshua will be a huge star outside the boxing world. He'll be one of those mainstream stars that people who don't even like boxing recognize.
          Last edited by VatoMulatto; 11-23-2014, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi108 View Post
            This is thanks to his promoter Eddie Hearn. Fury is the best prospect in heavyweight division since a young Klitschko
            someone please tell me this dude is joking

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp;15124780[B
              ]Luckily, Joshua looks like an actual aggressive, entertaining heavyweight who doesn't just stick out a stinking jab.
              [/B]
              It would be a shame if he ended up like Klitschko. Fighting wise.
              so did wlad before getting stopped by sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                so did wlad before getting stopped by sanders.
                He wasn't as aggressive as Joshua is now. Never was. He was a better schooled boxer than Joshua is and used those tools, even back then.
                Last edited by LacedUp; 11-23-2014, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Looks can be deceiving. A lot of people never thought Fury would be a high ranking contender but he turned out pretty good. A lot of people thought Price was going to take over after Wlad and a lot of people thought Wlad was done for a decade ago. But I can't disagree, going off of looks I don't think anybody has looked this good for the longest coming up either. He could be the next man to beat. Big, strong, skilled, got that aura. #highhopes

Comment

Working...
                  X