No announcement yet.

Vernon Forrest Vs The Current Welterweight Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vernon Forrest Vs The Current Welterweight Division

Who in the current Division would give Vernon the biggest test and why? Who would he destroy?

Maidana beats him
    Guerrero gives him fits
    Floyd wins a close fight
    Thurman could make it interesting.

He beats everyone else.

Comment

Floyd - 50/50, Floyd has slowed and Vernon's length always would have posed threats
      Pacquiao - He beats now (I think), loses to 2009, 2010 Pac
      Maidana - He beats
      Khan - He knocks out
      Porter/Thurman - Too hard to call yet but also difficult to make case for either until better tested.

Comment

I still don't know how he lost to Sergio Mora.

Comment

They would say he is "TOO BIG" and avoid him just like they did back then

I think he beats them all and gives Mayweather serious problems probably even beats him, always thought Vernon Forrest or Winky Wright has the best Skills to match up with Mayweather especially back then and the Rest I don't give them NO CHANCE.

We are in a Era of Boxing in Which HYPE and a GOOD KO can make you a Star but the Talent in boxing is WAY DOWN this is why guys who was part of PREVIOUS ERA's are still having success in this Current ERA guys like: B-Hop, Mayweather and JMM and they expose these young guys because a lot of these younger fighters are just not that good.

So Vernon Dominated this current Group of Welterweights but because of his size they would have avoided him!

Comment

Vernon is a problem for anyone in today's scene. His jab, size, and strength would pose threats to anybody

Comment

very big compared to current welters who range from 5'6''-5'8'' although a primed and ready Pacquiao would beat him, Floyd might squeak a decision.

Maidana would give him a fight but eventually lose.

Bradley makes a go of it for a while.

He easily beats everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Macklemore View Post
                I still don't know how he lost to Sergio Mora.
                You mean Mayorga? Just one of those things in boxing. Mayorga whipped his ass though, twice. Mayorga was actually traning at that point in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
                  You mean Mayorga? Just one of those things in boxing. Mayorga whipped his ass though, twice. Mayorga was actually traning at that point in his career.
                  he also lost to mora but not at welter!

Comment

Working...
                  X