Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Marquez just destroy Mayweather's legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    No....Mayweather did!

End Thread/
    Exactly. JMM giving Pac 3 close fights and koing Pac is better than anything Floyd has ever done. End thread.

Comment

No, he didn't.

What Marquez did though is diminish both Pacquiao and Mayweather's biggest payday to date. I couldn't be happier. Both Pacquiao and Mayweather legacies are secured with a slight questionmark as to why they never fought, and it's something that will be tied to both guys forever.

Comment

Boxing is like college football, if you want to be known as the best, you have to play the best. Strength of schedule is what counts, in boxing it's the same. There are plenty of guys that come out of the Mide West circuit that are like 20-0, but who have they fought?

Mayweather is a great fighter no doubt but he has chosen his opponents wisely, make no mistake about it. If he would have fought and beat Pacquaio, he would have solidified his legacy as one of the greatest ever and this loss by Pac doesn't tarnish his own legacy because we all know Pac was one of the most feared fighters ever.

Not to mention the fact that Floyd just threw away a ton of money, he's not a smart business man like he says he is.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
          No, he didn't.

What Marquez did though is diminish both Pacquiao and Mayweather's biggest payday to date. I couldn't be happier. Both Pacquiao and Mayweather legacies are secured with a slight questionmark as to why they never fought, and it's something that will be tied to both guys forever.
          i thought he also did the boxing world a favor by putting a new face on the map and allowing us to finally move away from floyd/manny. Its just too bad JMM isn't Broner's age.

JMM and Danny Garcia really shook things up and thats always great for the sport.

Comment

Not as much as he did Pacquiao's hahaha J/K

Nobody Legacies have been fukin "DESTROYED"...SHUT THE HELL UP! All 3 of those Fighters Legacies have been secured for a while now IMO so it is nothing they can do now to "HURT THEIR LEGACY" right now it is probably a battle for all time rankings I guess to see who finishes the highest and Mayweather kinda gives his Critics more Ammunition to Bash Him and Question Him...but he told you idiots that he doesn't fight for "LEGACY" so why in the hell do you keep bringing up Mayweather Legacy when he doesn't care about it himself (at least that is what he says)

The Generation after Floyd show you how great Mayweather was even if you did not like him!
            Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 12-11-2012, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              Boxing is like college football, if you want to be known as the best, you have to play the best. Strength of schedule is what counts, in boxing it's the same. There are plenty of guys that come out of the Mide West circuit that are like 20-0, but who have they fought?

Mayweather is a great fighter no doubt but he has chosen his opponents wisely, make no mistake about it. If he would have fought and beat Pacquaio, he would have solidified his legacy as one of the greatest ever and this loss by Pac doesn't tarnish his own legacy because we all know Pac was one of the most feared fighters ever.

Not to mention the fact that Floyd just threw away a ton of money, he's not a smart business man like he says he is.
              you can't evaluate floyd's floyd's whole career just post ODH. You also can't hold him solely accountable for the fight not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                i thought he also did the boxing world a favor by putting a new face on the map and allowing us to finally move away from floyd/manny. Its just too bad JMM isn't Broner's age.

JMM and Danny Garcia really shook things up and thats always great for the sport.
                Yea that's sorta the unfortunate side of things that JMM isn't a spring chicken. I was trying to break down Boxing to a friend of mine as far as how generations end and new ones begin. I think we're at that point where the new generation are slowly grabbing on to the throne while today's / yesterday's stars are seeing or have reached their end (Pac, Cotto, BHop, Hatton, Mayweather, hell even the Klitschkos etc). We got a very good glimpse of that Saturday.

Comment

I mean if Mayweather's JMM win wasn't enough to prove a point. He can fight the broly Marquez and probably do the same thing again.

Seriously though. Mayweather's only looking better. This proves Pacquiao wasn't in the same league.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                    Now people will always look at him as the guy who ducked his main rival and went out undefeated.
                    The Pac vs May fight has been erelavent since both fighters have shown signs of being on the decline. The only time that fight meant anything was back in 2010 when it was Pacquiao who refused to take the test any closer than 24 days outside the fight. Those are facts that cannot be argued.

Comment

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                      Yea that's sorta the unfortunate side of things that JMM isn't a spring chicken. I was trying to break down Boxing to a friend of mine as far as how generations end and new ones begin. I think we're at that point where the new generation are slowly grabbing on to the throne while today's / yesterday's stars are seeing or have reached their end (Pac, Cotto, BHop, Hatton, Mayweather, hell even the Klitschkos etc). We got a very good glimpse of that Saturday.
                      true. not only that, HBO and SHowtime are really investing in the lower weight classes. By this time 2013 broner, donaire, danny, mares, trout, ward, canelo, gamboa could be the top guys inthe sport. This is definitely been a transition year.

Comment

Working...
                      X