• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jas View Post
    this is the worst logic i have ever heard
    Then please explain.

Why is Kov 3 and not Pascal

I don fall in love with punchers like all you do so i wanna know what has Kov done to make him better than Pascal

Comment

• Originally posted by rasdun View Post
      I agree, I think Ward should be the lineal champion. He fought the lineal champion at a weight under 175 and won. Simple as that.
      Me too...
      Plus Ward should be the lineal at 160 too, as he started his pro career there...
      ... In general, Ward should be the lineal champion at all divisions and, possibly, not take a fight ever again...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        Then please explain.

It's Pascal... Kovalev isn't ranked yet...
        Happy?

Comment

Then please explain.

There is a difference between current overall skill level and resume.

I can use your logic and make ridiculous conclusions and say fighter A is better than fighter B based solely on resume.

Comment

There is a difference between current overall skill level and resume.

I can use your logic and make ridiculous conclusions and say fighter A is better than fighter B based solely on resume.
            So we back into because YOU think?

I said switching 3/4 is ok but to say Pascal shouldnt even be in conversation is idiotic

Comment

• If he's not with trying to make a Kovalev fight happen, it's cool. He just shouldn't call himself undisputed after he unifies with Stevenson, which I'm sure he and everyone out of the Schaefer/Haymon promotions will.

Comment

• Well HBO has Ward, Pascal, Bute, Chavez Jr-Golovkin winner for Kovalev. Showtime offers Hopkins-Stevenson winner, Cloud, and probably Dawson since last I heard he signed with Haymon.

I'm not sure if Froch-Groves II was picked up by HBO on a stipulation that will have a multi fight deal for the fighters, but there's also that.

So it's obvious that HBO has the superior SMW-LHW line up, while Showtime's strength is 140-154.

I don't think it benefits Kovalev to go to Showtime for just 1-2 good fights, and possibly a loss to Hopkins. And aside from staying in Showtime for a Stevenson fight, it benefits Hopkins to go to HBO but that's just not happening unless he leaves GBP which has zero chance of happening. If Hopkins beats Stevenson, he should retire. But we all said if Hopkins beats Tarver he should retire, 9 years later he's in line to fight another Ring 175 champ.

Comment

So we back into because YOU think?

I said switching 3/4 is ok but to say Pascal shouldnt even be in conversation is idiotic
                  The overwhelming majority of people think, including those who work in boxing. But of course, you know better than everybody.

Comment

The overwhelming majority of people think, including those who work in boxing. But of course, you know better than everybody.
                    Not a follower so go on letting them tell you who is good and who is not.

I said explain to me why you think ad you tell me because others say so.

Said its ok to call Kov 3 but there are 4 in that party

Comment

Not a follower so go on letting them tell you who is good and who is not.

I said explain to me why you think ad you tell me because others say so.
                      Because Kovalev would beat Pascal. You want me to tell you why I think he would beat Pascal? I dont need to spend time doing that . Dont got to prove it to you. Hopkins - shumenov prediction:

Originally posted by jas
                      Are we in agreement with Dwyer fellas because I'm watching some YouTube and I am now thinking the 1/2 line for Hopkins may be profitable.

I am not gonna bet it because Hopkins is one of my favorite fighters and I dont want to bet knowing i may be being biased. Plus , there are gonna be better bets out there

blue - shumy
                      red - bhop

- Beibut loads up his shots - causes him to tire late. Hopkins does not load up his shots, comes on strong late.
                      - Hopkins' current trainer has worked briefly with Shumenov in Las Vegas and left because Shumy would not listen. Inside Knowledge.
                      - Shumy is proud of the fact he is self-trained. Has stated he has been stydying Hopkins closely since his last fight. When you are the only one constantly watching tape, you only get one perspective and you only see what you want to see, you think you see something but
                      - Lack of experience to know to deal with what you see on tape

- Hopkins has more styles - harder to adjust to
                      - Shumy carries left hand low, Hopkins' best punch is overhand right
                      - Hopkins' losses have come only to speedsters - Shumy is not that fast
                      - Hopkins gameplan will be: back foot, counter, not pressure as a fighter like Shumy will likely get on his bike and Hopkins doesn't wanna have to chase him, once Shumy tires standing in the pocket and land combinations.

- Shumy gamplan: Be more active, will try to load up less in this fight as he realises Hopkins has a great chin and good defence.
                      - Shumy is good at taking big steps but those shorter steps is why people criticize his footwork

- Bhop did get tagged more than usual in his last fight against an average opponent.
                      - Less purpose to Shumenov's head movement
                      - Politics will be in Hopkins' favour for once in his career in this fight. Decision will likely favour him.

- And finally the all-important weigh-in. I thought Hopkins got the better of the weigh-in. Shumy was repeating what Hopkins was saying - that is a subconscious sign of respect - too much respect in this case.
                      Overall prediction: Shumy takes early rounds through activity, Hopkins begins to tag Shumy. Beibut does not fight well on the back foot. Hopkins starts to pressure and tags Shumy to take a decision.
                      HOPKINS UD
                      Originally posted by jas View Post
                      merge my post in this thread then

i think bhop fights on back foot early. Then starts taggin shumenov once he begins to tire.
                      bhop is gonna beat this guy . Right hand clinic . Watch the right hand guys
                      Originally posted by sugar adam ali View Post
                      yeah, if hopkins wins it will be because he landed that punch pretty much every time he threw it..
                      Shumenov has little head movement and is very slow and stationary.. Hopkins should land it all night..
                      jus saw bhop shumy weighin, i think bhop takes it, shumy respects bhop too much
                      shumy will gas, and then bhop will catch him repeatedly late
                      Last edited by jas; 04-21-2014, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X