Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Canelo-Trout doesn't happen; Which of these 3 fighters do you prefer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    If ginger doesn't man up & fight someone from his weightclass, anyone, I don't care which welterweight or jr welterweight he fights. He's lucky enough for his fanboys to be in awe & claim he has awesome power. I'd like to see his awesome power against any prime, top rated 154lber.
    I think Canelo's power is overrated too.

Everyone talks about him like he's not out everyone at 154 in 6 rounds or less.

This is the same guy who couldn't get Matthew Hatton out of there and took him until the Championship rounds to get Ryan Rhodes out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
      Canelo is calling out p4p # 1..soo...he should fight # 1 guy in his division..if not then #2..or # 3..least than that is no worth...
      Says who? It's callled prizefighting sir!

Comment

I would have chose Kirkland but he's MIA right now so I picked Angulo he has KO power and Canelo defense is suspect that would be a great action fight

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

This is the same guy who couldn't get Matthew Hatton out of there and took him until the Championship rounds to get Ryan Rhodes out of there.
          Yeah because knocking a guy out who's in full defensive mode is really easy. He Knocked Out an iron chinned Baldomir and Baldomir's age don't mean **** in regards to his Chin. The guy wasn't in a bunch of war's and hadn't been knocked out previously so don't give me that excuse either.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Which is why I would never question Mosley when he said ginger & Floyd hit as hard as each other.

I'm fairly certain right now Floyd stops Gomez, Cintron & Josesito at either 154 or 147. I simply cannot support ginger on a benefit of a doubt. I gotta see him fight a 154lber 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              If ginger doesn't man up & fight someone from his weightclass, anyone, I don't care which welterweight or jr welterweight he fights. He's lucky enough for his fanboys to be in awe & claim he has awesome power. I'd like to see his awesome power against any prime, top rated 154lber.
              So this is all about you being Jelouse of Canelo's popularity and whatever obscure nobody gives a fuk fighter you cheer for doesn't get any love right?

Comment

Any of those three would be the best guy he has fought even with their obvious flaws, so I don't think you could have to much an issue with any of them.

None of them would make a real statement because none of those guys would be at their best but any of them get a bunch of people real hype on Canelo should he win~

Comment

I don't think Angulo will sustain much longer if he gets the fight, I care about the guy and think that he needs more tune-ups. Not saying Canelo is some killer but IDK about that one. Hopefully he's on the card though. I was at his last fight and he still looks pretty slow and wasn't reacting well to some of the shots as you said. He looked a little better the 12th round though, so maybe it still just rust. It won't help Canelo prepare for Floyd's speed either. I couldn't get into that fight until Perro shows more vitality.

Kirkland has management issues the last I read, maybe I'm wrong. He's fallen out of the spotlight for a little too long, but this fight was talked about before so it's not too out of nowhere... he'd have plenty of time to make up with Ann Wolfe hopefully.

Cotto wouldn't make any sense right now as a main event, but as an undercard it sounds OK. I'd probably end up being excited about it as it got near - I don't really care that he lost to Trout since he's a good fighter. Sounds like he will take time off so that's out.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Berto or Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                    Yeah because knocking a guy out who's in full defensive mode is really easy. He Knocked Out an iron chinned Baldomir and Baldomir's age don't mean **** in regards to his Chin. The guy wasn't in a bunch of war's and hadn't been knocked out previously so don't give me that excuse either.
                    Age doesn't mean anything in regards to chin? I think it might.

But I actually agree that was an impressive knockout in the fashion it happened despite Baldomir being obviously well passed it and wasn't very good when he wasn't past it.

As for Rhodes, "Him being defensive" is as poor excuse as "Baldomir was old" to discredit that KO. Rhodes was KO'd with a single shot to the body just a year later in half the time by Rabchenko a year later.

You'd think if Canelo had such crushing power he'd be able to stop Matthew Hatton who's a (just about) European level WW with an average chin at that level.

You would think he'd come closer to stopping Philip N'Dou than Kell Brook did. Who's not even too hard of a puncher at WW yet Canelo is supposedly crushing puncher at 154?

Don't see it. He definitely and obviously can punch but not as hard as people make out.

Comment

"If Canelo-Trout doesn't happen". Is that a joke? Canelo hasn't fought a live opponent in any of his fights and you're framing the discussion as if it's is a real possibility he'll get into the ring with a prime, undefeated, JMW - he won't. Not in a million years.

Now if Trout was in his late 50s, or a natural featherweight, then maybe we'd have a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X