No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Algieri, Now With Jackson, Hungry To Face Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Algieri, Now With Jackson, Hungry To Face Amir Khan

Former WBO junior welterweight champion Chris Algieri (20-1, 8KOs) is not looking for a tuneup in his comeback. He wants to answer the call of British superstar Amir Khan (30-3, 19KOs).

Algieri's name has been mentioned as possible opponent for Khan's return, which is slated for late May.

The Long Island fighter is coming off his first career defeat, a November twelve round decision loss to Manny Pacquiao in Macau, China. Pacquiao was unable to stop Algieri, who went down six times in the contest

2014 was not all bad. Algieri started the year off with a decision win over Emmanuel Taylor and in June he made his HBO debut with an upset split decision to capture the WBO 140-pound title from Ruslan Provodnikov.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So it is true the Khan's are sniffing around a career light welter who in his very last fight hit the deck five times and didn't win a round...There's nothing more to say!

Comment

Did he remember to take the key to the cage from his other trainer before he left?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Did he remember to take the key to the cage from his other trainer before he left?
        Never stops being funny

Regarding this fight, it's pathetic.

Comment

Amir khan said he gave word to a fighter ,Algeri doesn't sound he is next khan's opponent

I think Amir will fight broner.
          Last edited by trixx12; 04-01-2015, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            Never stops being funny

Regarding this fight, it's pathetic.
            Algieri's best win is as good as Brook's best win.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd slapper View Post
              Algieri's best win is as good as Brook's best win.
              No, it isn't.

People quickly switched their views on Porter after Brook outclassed him. From mini-Tyson to no better than a plodding brawler with power in Provodnikov.

His last showing was an utterly embarrassing display in which he hit the canvas 5 times and lost every round, he's also never fought at 147...It's a joke opponent.

Comment

Are people who keep going on about Algieri's last showing forgetting that he was fighting Manny fukin Pacquiao or what?

I've seen about twenty people mention it as if the guy got taken life and death by some bum

Yes he got dropped five times but it was against Manny fookin Pacquiao ya silly ****s.

Not defending him if Khan fights him, i think it's a **** fight for Khan if he wants to go onto fight the big names, i just don't think losing a fight to one of the best boxers on the planet and getting dropped five times by Pacman means Algieri is some bum.

Yeah he got his ass kicked by Pacman but Algieri is still a good little fighter IMO.

Don't wanna see him fight Khan next but if no Broner for Khan i wouldn't mind seeing Broner - Algieri tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                  Are people who keep going on about Algieri's last showing forgetting that he was fighting Manny fukin Pacquiao or what?

I've seen about twenty people mention it as if the guy got taken life and death by some bum

Yes he got dropped five times but it was against Manny fookin Pacquiao ya silly ****s.

Not defending him if Khan fights him, i think it's a **** fight for Khan if he wants to go onto fight the big names, i just don't think losing a fight to one of the best boxers on the planet and getting dropped five times by Pacman means Algieri is some bum.

Yeah he got his ass kicked by Pacman but Algieri is still a good little fighter IMO.

Don't wanna see him fight Khan next but if no Broner for Khan i wouldn't mind seeing Broner - Algieri tbh.
                  Broner/Algieri isn't bad. I think they're the same level of fighter.

Comment

Algieri should target Broner, very winnable fight. He's not beating Khan and would end up with 2 losses in a row, it's not like people are gagging to see him fight as it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X