Collapse
No announcement yet.

Larry Merchant's funniest quotes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Mayorga is a rude, crude dude in the ring, as well as outside. In a sense, what we have here is class warfare with boxing gloves. Mayorga is a street fighter from a street that didn't have electricity until he financed it with some of his earnings. His most prominent physical asset, he keeps reminding us, is his cajones. Opposite him tonight is a handsome fighter with a gold medal, a beautiful wife, vast wealth including a 74 foot yacht. Mayorga looks at him and thinks he's seeing a hated slumlord, and Oscar is coming to collect the rent"

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      "He looks like a 99 percenter beating up a 1 percenter."
      What fight was this?

Comment

Its the British Bulldog vs the American Boxer

Comment

Originally posted by injun View Post
          What fight was this?
          i think that 1 was recent.

lamont vs khan maybe

Comment

"I think the mth of George Foreman's power has been exposed by Michael Moorer"

A few minutes later, Moorer can barely lift his neck off the canvas

Comment

Originally posted by injun View Post
              What fight was this?
              Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
              i think that 1 was recent.

lamont vs khan maybe
              Yup.

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
              "I think the mth of George Foreman's power has been exposed by Michael Moorer"

A few minutes later, Moorer can barely lift his neck off the canvas
              This makes me wanna start a thread about everytime a commentator was proven wrong immediately after saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
                lol some funny quotes...found this one: "Chris Byrd has two punches - pitty and pat." lmao...
                WOW lmao choked on smoke !!! ... he can be pretty clever sometimes

Comment

"This is gonna be a krunk fight."

Comment

Odd rare moment during the Casamayor/Campbell fight, Larry out of nowhere says in a violent tone "Get the **** outta here", then he resumes making his comments like nothing happened.

Im pretty sure the HBO crew spilled his whisky and he reacted in the same violent way when he punched that idiot during the Zaragoza/McCullough post interview.

It cracks me up every time I listen to it.

Comment

Speaking on Pacquiao "He may be a one dimensional fighter, but its one hell of a dimensions"

Comment

Working...
                      X