Gamboa appreciation thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    why does he need another trainer?

Gamboa is head strong and arrogant, what will a new trainer teach him that he doesn't already know? Hold your hands higher? Gamboa knows that, his father in his corner kept repeating it but he wouldn't listen. What makes you think he will listen to anyone else?
    Because we've seen it before. When he was trained by Ismael Salas he became more disciplined.

Comment

Wow, I've always waited for the day that Gamboa got belted, but now that it's happened, I didn't derive the pleasure that I thought I would. Maybe it's because of the valiant effort he put forth while being destroyed in the later part of the fight. He has heart and tons of it. Much respect to him and may he still have an excellent career.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
        Because we've seen it before. When he was trained by Ismael Salas he became more disciplined.
        Green K when I can

Comment

Originally posted by Bronsky View Post
          I pulled for Crawford but as stated in my other thread I wished the best for both guys and will continue to be a fan of both guys. That being said. Gamboa showed a lot of heart and still has what it takes to be a champion. (Granted, needs a better trainer).

So in appreciation of what Gamboa did last night and the heart he showed albeit stubborn and reckless. I salute you good sir and can't wait to see him back in the ring. Respect
          The guy definitely showed a lot of heart. What killed it for him was his dirty boxing, punching on the break, then complaining to the ref when he got hit. One of the worst things to do in boxing is complain when your the one doing dirt. Then he was c0cky and gets caught...the guy needs to stay focused, keep his hands up and fight a controlled fight.

Comment

Hope to see him again in the near future...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I'm a fan of both fighters. Ecstatic about Crawford winning in impressive fashion but bittersweet. Gamboa will be back.

Comment

Gamboa can be a champion if he stays in the lower division. Crawford was clearly much bigger. One loss. No shame son.

Comment

I love Boa, pray to christ they bring him back and put him with best at 130. I think he'd tool Garcia who is also a top notch fighter.

Comment

He needs a new trainer and go down a division, maybe garcia will like to fight him now... props to crawford

Comment

Some PEDs have the side effect of making you more aggressive and brave than what you normally would be. Probably confusing that with heart.

Comment

Working...
                      X