Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Marcos Maidana's rabbit punches rough up Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by punchr View Post
    Wait... so you don't think he's roughed up?

Maidana's rabbit punches are better than Ortiz'.
    Those pics of Floyd vs Guerrero:
    Shows what will happen against Maidana. Floyd will hold, grab, elbow, forearm ...... He will also move and potshot .... then Maidana will get frustrated like he did against Devon Alexander and its a wrap.

Last edited by ADP02; 03-11-2014, 09:32 PM.

Comment

That's a tremendous amount of research and effort for something that isn't going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I think that's wrong but I understand it.

But Mosley actually rocked Mayweather, Cotto actually did have spots of success with Floyd in Round 6 and 8, two rounds he clearly won.

But Ortiz didn't do anything. He literally didn't. Like I said, the amount of clean solid punches he landed you could count on one hand. He landed a punch to which Floyd then backed up (Which he always does) and then made Ortiz miss his flurry. How is that "Giving him problems"? I don't get it.

He clearly lost every one of the first 4 Rounds.
        You are stressing rounds.. points. Im stressing who made him most uncomfortable, and hurt him the most. I of course dont count the head butt in a points situation, but it DOES count when considering the overall context of the fight. I never thought the way to beat floyd is with points. He's a mastermind of winning decisions.. the way to beat Floyd has always been to hurt him until he cannot continue. Now, Floyd was unsettled by the headbutt.. imagine if Ortiz wasnt apologetic and went in to kill him after the headbutt. Floyd would be a bit rattled bleeding in the mouth and definitely be out of his comfort zone. He likes sparring matches nowadays, not wars.

Comment

The Refferee wont allow it.

The Refferee will make Maidanna fight how Floyd instructed the ref to guide him.

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
            The Refferee wont allow it.

The Refferee will make Maidanna fight how Floyd instructed the ref to guide him.
            As long as its not excessive, a little third fist and elbow grease is the underbelly of boxing.

as for rabbit punching.... wasnt Peterson hit by Mattysse in the back of the head, and shortly thereafter, stopped? In a fair world that man would have been given 5 minutes to recover from that sledgehammer. He even complained about it post fight.

Now I dont know how many of you have actually been hit on the back of the head, but that **** aint pleasant at all. It can change a fight just as much as a low blow.

the answer to the question of this thread is yes. Anyone, even the worshipped Floyd, can be hurt to the back of the head. Its a vulnerable spot.

he asked if it was possible not if it was probable.
            Last edited by Syf; 03-12-2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X