No announcement yet.

Looking for some help...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some help...

I have only just joined the competitive boxing world loosing my first amateur bout in May to a guy I thought I had beaten. I have been training for around a year now and seem to have difficulties keeping my energy levels at a peak when I get down into my weight class (Middleweight).

I walk around comfortably at 78kg (171 pounds) but fight Middleweight under 75kg (165 pounds). I feel like I need two things;
    a) two different weekly training programs that I can alternate that will improve my overall fitness and conditioning and
    b) some help with portion control, like examples of how much food people are actually eating prior to a fight.

This is frustrating as I am quite fit and play other sports as well including long distance running in which I can complete half marathons quite comfortably, but when I cut back on the food intake prior to a fight I feel flat like an empty balloon in the ring and my arms feel like lead after 3 rounds.

Any/all criticism and advice welcome. Thanks.

The best way to simulate the day of a fight and what you intake is to use your spar dates as examples! If your sparring at night then try different approaches to your intake! The portion sizes and what foods you do best with! Everyone is different so take suggestions and try them!
    I'm very much old school and I ate my biggest meal at early lunch time (10AM) . I ate a small bowl of macaroni and might have a 4 to 6 oz. piece of beef! Other times I'd substitude fish for the red meat! My small meal closer to bell time might be a small sandwich (turkey, tuna, chicken etc) with a few pieces of fruit!
    Do you weighin once for tourneys or everytime you fight?

You need to pactice the two days leading up to a fight just like anything else you practice. Use your spar session night to guide you! Ray.
    Last edited by Ray Corso; 07-05-2013, 11:35 AM.

Comment

when you're weight is down and you're not eating so much be sure to take some multivitamins,it will help give you some of what you need to perform........ Rockin'

Comment

The best way to imitate the day of a battle and what you consumption is to use your fre schedules as illustrations, If your training in the evening then try different techniques to your consumption....

Cary Personal Training
        Last edited by Austin123; 07-25-2013, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X