• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah baldo the lineal chump with 9 loses and only 12 kos in over 40 fights
    ahhahaha
    good one

Comment

And soon after those ratings you had Margarito, Cotto, Paul Williams, Kermit Cintron, Shane Mosley and Clottey all ranked highly in the top ten. And Floyd fought all of them!! oh wait, those were fantasy match ups! Sorry, I tend to forget sometimes which opponents were real and which weren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Travdog View Post
        May 30, 2006 Ring Magazine

WELTERWEIGHTS
        Weight Limit: 147 pounds
        This
        week Last
        Week Weeks
        in
        Ratings Fighter Record
        C C 23 CARLOS BALDOMIR 42-9-6 (12)
        1 1 7 FLOYD MAYWEATHER 36-0 (24)
        2 2 254 ANTONIO MARGARITO 33-4 (24)
        3 3 106 ZAB JUDAH 34-4 (25)
        4 4 2 RICKY HATTON 41-0 (30)
        5 5 58 LUIS COLLAZO 26-1 (12)
        6 6 17 ARTURO GATTI 40-7 (31)
        7 7 95 KERMIT CINTRON 25-1 (23)
        8 8 63 JOSE ANTONIO RIVERA 37-4-1 (24)
        9 9 52 OKTAY URKAL 36-3 (11)
        10 10 321 THOMAS DAMGAARD 37-1 (27)

Floyd agreed to fight the Undisputed Champion Judah in 2006. Not his fault that Judah lost to Baldomir. He beat them both! Revionist history says that Baldomir was terrible but back them people thought Floyd was afraid to fight him because he was a big welter. Just check the Baldomir Gatti fight and listen to Merchant
        wow...imposing set of welters. I doubt any of those gets in the HOF...well Hatton might, but he isn't even a legit welter.

Comment

I need two more posts to post links

Comment

Okay one more

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=75108

Comment

Originally posted by badboypeenoy View Post
                wow...imposing set of welters. I doubt any of those gets in the HOF...well Hatton might, but he isn't even a legit welter.
                Who should he have fought?

Comment

the haters will always complain no matter who he fights...if he fights mosley they will complain he should of fought pwill or margacheato... he could find the cure for cancer and the haters will bitchh about that too!

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
                    Damn.. i dont see Shane Mosely?.. I dont see Manny Pacquiao.. I dont see Miguel Cotto.. I dont see Antonio Margarito.. I dont see Paul Williams.. I dont even see Kermit Cintron.. lol.. Maybe when he fights a LEGIT welterweight people will finally stop talking ****..
                    How long have you been following boxing? This thread is "The Myth Floyd didnt fight Top Welters"

Mosley was at 154 pounds at that time and ducked a Floyd fight because of tooth was hurting after the Vargas bout.

Pacquiao was fighting at 130 pounds against Erik Morales in 2006

Cotto was ranked at 140 pounds in 2006 and fighting the likes of Branco and Malignaggi

Paul Williams was a nobody in 2006 and wasn't even ranked in the top 10

Margarito - I will give you that he was the only one available but floyd fought the linear champion at 147 for more money, can you blame him? win-win situation. I dont know why cheaters are still being supported anyway...

You guys just find reasons to hate on him or just look for a guy to beat him, when he does, you try to find another guy...It never ends, Plus you dont give him any credit once he wins.

Comment

Originally posted by grgsbrwr View Post
                      the haters will always complain no matter who he fights...if he fights mosley they will complain he should of fought pwill or margacheato... he could find the cure for cancer and the haters will bitchh about that too!
                      VERY TRUE!
                      BUT THEN THEY WILL ALWAYS BE BALLL WASHERS LIKE YOU TO EVEN THINGS OUT

Comment

Working...
                      X