No announcement yet.

Mayogra and Margarito were NOT Top 10 Jr Middle Weights When Cotto Beat Them

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    Who else was Floyd going to fight in May 2012??? Pac was out, Sergio foght Macklin in March, Berto-Oritz are fighting, Khan has to rematch Peterson, who else was there???? Cotto is a solid fight, and it's important for Floyd to get him on his resume while Cotto can still fight. No one that Cotto could have fought would have prepared him for Floyd though.

Foreman as a good fight, a Top 10 SWW with a title, and it was when Cotto was coming up in weight. Mayorga was bulls**t, he should have fought someone like Bundrage or Cintron at that time or something like that. And Margarito was ehhhh not very good, but I understand why he fought him. He had to avenge that loss to Margarito.
    I didn't say this is a bad fight, it's the best fight for Floyd to make other then Pac-Mayweather of course

I'm saying will these tune ups benefit Cotto? or hinder him

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
      angulo was only feared by cowards like vanes......Cintron gave him a boxing lesson and Molina beat him

also i think Lara would KO Kirkland with ease
      Molina never beat Angulo......

And I agree with Lara beating Kirkland. I don't think anyone can beat Lara at 154, I'd love to see Lara-Molina II. I know people don't put much stock into it, but Lara couldn't train with Shields prior to the Molina fight, that must have had some affect on him.....

Comment

I didn't say this is a bad fight, it's the best fight for Floyd to make other then Pac-Mayweather of course

I'm saying will these tune ups benefit Cotto? or hinder him
        They will. The speed difference is going to eat Cotto up. I love when Cott is saying "Floyd's never seen anyone like Miguel Cotto"......we know for damn sure Cotto hasn't fought anyone similar to Mayweather.....

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
          Molina never beat Angulo......

And I agree with Lara beating Kirkland. I don't think anyone can beat Lara at 154, I'd love to see Lara-Molina II. I know people don't put much stock into it, but Lara couldn't train with Shields prior to the Molina fight, that must have had some affect on him.....
          I meant Molina beat Cintron.......

and i don't buy the trainer excuse since shields isn't all that great of a trainer

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I doubt it.

Also they're are both incredibley slow and easy to hit.

I think Cotto will be overwhelmed by the difference when he fights Mayweather compared to his last two fights.
            He's going to get annihilated. There's a difference between fighting 2 shot fighters in Mayorga and Margarito to fighting Floyd. This is going to be a mismatch of epic proportion

Comment

I meant Molina beat Cintron.......

and i don't buy the trainer excuse since shields isn't all that great of a trainer
              Still though, it must have had some sort of affect to not be trained at all by your trainer, for the biggest fight in your career at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                He's going to get annihilated. There's a difference between fighting 2 shot fighters in Mayorga and Margarito to fighting Floyd. This is going to be a mismatch of epic proportion
                and if your wrong?

Comment

Cotto has done fuk all at 154.

Laughable watching people say its "his weight"

Comment

and if your wrong?
                    Then I guess, I would be wrong?
                    Last edited by Roman Moreno; 04-23-2012, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Yup the only top 10 Jr MW he's fought was Foreman and the fight was stopped because of an injury. Canelo has fought two top 10 guys but Cotto is ranked higher because he's the bigger name.

Comment

Working...
                      X