Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training Journal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know he's a little bastard.I needed to find more people who want to train mma and not just grappling, mauy thai, wrestling or what the **** else.

Comment

Good luck with that...it is hard to find people to train full MMA with you...as most people train 1 or maybe 2 disciplines, they like to stick to what they know...

Comment

kaps get your ass up off the ground and start training.

Comment

Damn, still feeling the turkey and liquor from the weekend. I was dead-gassed about an hour into wrestling club. Rolled a little with a BJJ friend after, got killed. Was only able to get one cheap achilles hold sub when he got me I dunno how many times.

I need to change my weight lifting routine. I can put up almost 300 pounds bench press single rep, but it does nothing for in in grappling. Maybe I should cut the weights but 50% and do 20-30 reps per exercise.

Comment

yea, a one rep max isnt very good for grappling, stick to high reps...

Comment

Spot on Blake...

1RM's are cool to keep a track of progress strentgh wise, but they aren't real practical. BadBoy, don't cut your weight training to much, but rather refine it so that you work on as much muscular endurance. 20 - 30 reps is pretty extreme I think cause the weight used would be probably too light.

Try using a weight you can get 8-10 reps with and blast. Don't count reps, it will put a mental block in your mind. Have a spotter handy to pull it off you when you have had it. You will find your strength and endurance rise appreciably.

Comment

Went to gym last night, last week of current cycle before I change training pattern.

Did chins, inclines, bent over rows, upright rows, flyes and bicep curls. Was out of there in 55 minutes which was good, didn't waste any time.

Feeling strong, lifted well. Will change back to a heavier weight programme next week after BJJ comp. Want to gain another 5 lbs of muscle by my birthday (end of March) which will be tough to do, but possible.

Comment

Seldom whats your weight right now.

Comment

I weighed myself last night and I was 239 fully clothed with shoes, so probably 235 ish normally. I am that at 6'1". Not carrying a lot of fat which is good (probably approx 10 - 12%)

Comment

Damn Seldom your a big dude! 10% bodyfat at that height and weight is pretty damn good, you must be pretty ripped. I'm 5'11", and weigh in at about 205 right now. I want to compete at 185 and walk around between 190-195 and get my body fat down to about 7%, it's probably about 11% right now. Do you know about what your bench and squat maxes are?

Comment

Working...
                      X