Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Anthony Joshua Fight a Win Win for Wladimir Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    depends on how its perceived really, some people will say its cause hes old, which is fair enough, he is old. But ive always had reservations on how good wlad is cause of his opposition, you could definitely argue that losing to fury and joshua would mean that the two times hes fought highly rated unbeaten fighters of a similar size hes lost. Is pretty hard to tell whether its age or whether joshua and fury are just better than him so its something that will be debated.
    If we are being honest Wlad has fought many unbeaten highly rated fighters from Sam Peter, Kubrat Pulev, Alexander Povetkin, Calvin Brock, Ibragimov, and David Haye (Near unbeaten). It's just after he has defeated them they had nowhere else to go but down. In todays division as Wlad is starting to fade out and new fighters are coming in like Joshua, Fury, Wilder, Parker, and Povetkin you have a wider pool to still prove to people that you are world class.

Like another poster said if Joshua loses to Wlad, you can toss it up to him being too green and he can still go on to beat Fury or Wilder to reclaim his position atop of the division. When Wlad ruled the division you really had nowhere else to go but down.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
      I wouldn't say that. Anthony Joshua has developed a reputation as one of boxing's most dangerous fighters that many people already believe will go on and dominate the HW division. If AJ gets sparked in the first round or completely dominated that would hurt his image and reputation. He'd be considered an overrated fighter who was all about hype.
      Even if AJ gets sparked out he wouldn't be considered all hype. AJ has great mechanics and form, and he is everything you'd want in a heavyweight in terms of size, 6'6 235-240 with power.

If anything he will just have the same criticism that Wlad has had throughout his career, and that is that he has a weak chin.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
        If Wladimir Klitschko defeats Joshua, that's another undefeated up and comer to his resume and the WBA and IBF titles back into his collection to make him a multi time heavyweight champion. If he loses then you chalk it up to him being 41 years old and clearly past his prime with a good paycheck in the process.

Thoughts?
        Good Thread.

I think this is a good fight for all involved. Lets talk Wilder since he was brought up. Wilder is not as good as AJ. Vlad hits Wilder when he wants to in that fight and stays away from trouble. AJ potentially is a stronger opponent.

The biggest question is how much AJ is willing to go after Vlad. Vlad will no doubt try to fight safely and make his opponent come through his jab.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
          We both know that's not gonna happen.. AJ might lose but will hold his own until its lasts.. AJ is no all hype, he is the best prospect out there who also holds a title.. He needs to hone his skills which will come through competition & age..
          I don't think AJ will get KO'd in the first round but Wlad has one punch KO power and it's boxing anything can happen.

I do believe and hope that AJ is the real deal but only time will tell, he still has a lot to prove. I'm still worried and a bit nervous.

Comment

I don't think AJ will get KO'd in the first round but Wlad has one punch KO power and it's boxing anything can happen.

I do believe and hope that AJ is the real deal but only time will tell, he still has a lot to prove. I'm still worried and a bit nervous.
            Win or lose skill sets dont lie.Joshua will dominate the HW division for a long time after Klitchko. Klitchko wont beat Joshua twice though imop if at all,if he cant beat him now forget it. I see this because this entire fight favors Joshua, because the fight doesnt begin with experiance it begins with styles, and then skills,then experiance. Experiance is a great a factor but ask holmes where that got him against Tyson.You cant beat blunt talent with experiance alone in this sitaution....because Joshua hits as hard as Wlad does and that has bailed him out more than a few times.

i believe hes proven himself better than anyone under 20 fights ive ever seen. Before Joshua was on the scene if you said a 18/19 fight novice was going to defeat or try and defeat Wlad in any year they would have laughed.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
              Wilder has just as much power and is just as dangerous, although Wilder was a former regular sparring partner of Klitschkos.
              Why are you bringing up this pathetic coward in a topic about real men like joshua and klitsko? These guys want to fight the best, so they fight each other. Wilder ONLY wants to fight anyone ranked 15 to 40 in the hw rankings. LOL SCUM!

Comment

I mirror your opinion.. This fight will tell us so many things about both Wlad and AJ.. Does Wlad still have it? Can he go out on a bang etc..
                For AJ, does he have temperament to pick his opponents when they are his size and knock him off with 1 punch.. Plus can he mix with elite..
                For all my money I want Wlad to win and Joshua to rule the HW after Wlad..

Comment

Working...
                X