Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lock Haven Boxing Club Thread (Videos)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lock Haven Boxing Club Thread (Videos)

*I'm an assistant coach on the team. Here are the some of the videos I've done so far. All training stuff. Sparring will begin tomorrow. So look out for that.

I'm in the third video holding the mitts.*

You been working with my boy Drew? Big heavyweight cat coming over from the football team? Looks like him in the first video, me and him work together at the club.

Yall should try and organize some type of scrimmage spar with our squad since we're so close.

Comment

Originally posted by raf727 View Post
      You been working with my boy Drew? Big heavyweight cat coming over from the football team? Looks like him in the first video, me and him work together at the club.

Yall should try and organize some type of scrimmage spar with our squad since we're so close.
      wow. Small world. He's talented. Just gotta get his stamina up. He's losing that weight. From 309 to 298 Trying to get him to lose 10-15 more at least

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          wow. Small world. He's talented. Just gotta get his stamina up. He's losing that weight. From 309 to 298 Trying to get him to lose 10-15 more at least
          Haha yea he's a big boy, I was telling him all summer he needed to get on your team.

Comment

Haha yea he's a big boy, I was telling him all summer he needed to get on your team.
            He's gonna be destroying dudes. I see a National Champion if he can handle sparring and keep improving. Drew's a motivated dude. Intense.

Comment

Comment

Coach Cooper

Nick

Kenny

Comment

Best of luck on your new gym (club) a tip about mitt work! You need to catch the punches, not with force but you need to move your mitts to the punch. This way there is a little resistance and the boxer has no chence of hyper-extending. You don't want to teach your guys to land at the end of their shots. The big fat guy was done long before the bell no need to instruct when their exhaust spend time on getting in shape and pushing them in another phase, not instruction!! Repeated one/two on the heavy bag with him keeping the bag UP and AWAY from him using the one/two is a good fitness task. No instruction needed just a little cheering on hahaha!! best to you!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    Best of luck on your new gym (club) a tip about mitt work! You need to catch the punches, not with force but you need to move your mitts to the punch. This way there is a little resistance and the boxer has no chence of hyper-extending. You don't want to teach your guys to land at the end of their shots. The big fat guy was done long before the bell no need to instruct when their exhaust spend time on getting in shape and pushing them in another phase, not instruction!! Repeated one/two on the heavy bag with him keeping the bag UP and AWAY from him using the one/two is a good fitness task. No instruction needed just a little cheering on hahaha!! best to you!! Ray.
                    Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                    X