Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Because... That's Boxing For You.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    I was at the European Championships in Bulgaria last year, the World Championships in Doha last year, The Womens World Championships in Kazakhstan this year, The Olympic Qualifier in Samsun, Turkey this year, the Olympic Qualifier in Baku, Azerbaijan this year. I was in Skt Petersburg for the Youth World Championships last year, in Anapa for the Junior European Championships in 2014, in Anapa for the Schoolboy European Championships last year, in Croatia for the Schoolboy Championships this year.

Aah, the things I've seen, espacially in Anapa! One thing that everybody involved in international AIBA competitions know, is that the Russians are favored like no other. The less light on the event, the more favor is enjoyed by the Russians. At the Schoolboy Euro's last year in Anapa (no spotlight on this event) the Russians won 14 (!) of 17 golds. They had a good team but nowhere near that good. The most blatant case of open corruption I have seen in my life! It is less obvious at the elite level, but everyone knows it is going on. Shame on Russia!
    I can't say about low-level championships, but I don't remember any favouring to Russians besides the Oplympics. Even in the Oplympics the Uzbek team is favoured much more. Actually 2 Uzbek fighters were favoured over Russians in fights which were closely won by Russians.
    Last edited by Shpacman; 08-21-2016, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
      it would have been a good well remembered olympics if it wasn't for the corruption -- Russia should not have even been allowed to take part anyway after their state sponsored doping regime was discovered.
      Except that there are no proofs for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Shpacman View Post
        Except that there are no proofs for this.
        The Russian track and field team was banned from the Olympics because of this, actually.

You'd have to be naive to think they were the only athletes from Russia who are involved.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          The Russian track and field team was banned from the Olympics because of this, actually.

You'd have to be naive to think they were the only athletes from Russia who are involved.
          I have read McLaren's report, there were no firm proofs. When it is even a small criminal case there is a lot of material and a lot of documents in the court. Here we have only 100-pages report with no evidences and descriptions of experiments.

Comment

Working...
          X