Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eubank pulling out of the GGG fight like the rest?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eubank pulling out of the GGG fight like the rest?

So some people already speculated that Eubank, like many others was using GGG's name to get some hype and attention for the mismatch of the Doran fight, sell a couple more PPV's because people want to see GGG's next opponent.

Prior to the fight the Eubanks and Hearn basically said the deal is in place, GGG/K2 have signed and is willing to come over, K2 and GGG agreed to everything, same as the Eubanks, Jr only needs to win against Doran.

Fight would be in London, either Wembley or O2 on SKY PPV.

Now suddenly after the Doran fight, Eubank Sr starts talking about

"I want to change the game, fighters need to be paid better, we have a british champion here and he is willing to take the fight. Sky has 24 hours to change whatever deal was in place and pay us more, if the fight isn't getting made it is because of Sky. If the fans want that fight, they need to start a petition and tell Sky that they need to change the deal and pay us more"

Hearn was sitting next to him and he was totally speechless, stuttering and struck, tried to calm the situation down.

In an interview later Hearn said that the deal was already done a couple days ago and Eubank basically agreed to everything and now, hours after the Doran fight they want more of the split, want more broadcaster money etc, otherwise they will not sign it.

He said he will find out on Monday if they actually want the fight or not.

Here is the new interview with Hearn, its already on Boxingscene under videos, cant embed it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl2IapaWyrU

Does it seem like the Eubanks planned to use GGG's name like many others in the past or will Jr actually take the fight as he promised?

Money is a stupid excuse considering Eubank would probably get more for this than all his other fights.

Sr is ruining his kids career, moving him from channel to channel.

Give Eubank a chance to get a following and a channel to stick with.

Comment

Good, I was hoping to see GGG fight another security guard from Detroit anyway.

Comment

Doesn't that seem to be a regular thing with Jr. & British

Wasn't there already a deal in place for Saunders rematch until they suddenly wanted to change things and it fell through . From all accounts Sr. Seems to be rather difficult to deal with but it's his son who getting punched in the face so let him do what he thinks is best.

But if GEnnady doesn't fight Jr. who else can they pick

Comment

How much is the Eubanks realistically trying to get paid? Anyone have a number? Imagine if ggg said something like this for a fight not happening. This forum might explode.

Comment

Hearn and his fighters are forever promising a better fight next whilst taking care of an under-whelming domestic scrap. I really like Eubank Jr a lot but he's going to look ridiculous if that fight isn't made. I was amazed they were even look to make the fight but now that they talked so much, you gotta back it up. And dammnit, I wanna see Golovkin fight in person.

Comment

To be fair, it looks like Hearn actually wants the fight (I doubt he would if Jr was signed to a long-term deal with him), it's Eubank Sr putting up the roadblocks.

I understand they wanna get paid well for the fight but fans are getting really sick of hearing about fights being built up and then not made due to money.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                So some people already speculated that Eubank, like many others was using GGG's name to get some hype and attention for the mismatch of the Doran fight, sell a couple more PPV's because people want to see GGG's next opponent.

Prior to the fight the Eubanks and Hearn basically said the deal is in place, GGG/K2 have signed and is willing to come over, K2 and GGG agreed to everything, same as the Eubanks, Jr only needs to win against Doran.

"I want to change the game, fighters need to be paid better, we have a british champion here and he is willing to take the fight. Sky has 24 hours to change whatever deal was in place and pay us more, if the fight isn't getting made it is because of Sky. If the fans want that fight, they need to start a petition and tell Sky that they need to change the deal and pay us more"

Hearn was sitting next to him and he was totally speechless, stuttering and struck, tried to calm the situation down.

In an interview later Hearn said that the deal was already done a couple days ago and Eubank basically agreed to everything and now, hours after the Doran fight they want more of the split, want more broadcaster money etc, otherwise they will not sign it.

Here is the new interview with Hearn, its already on Boxingscene under videos, cant embed it here:

Does it seem like the Eubanks planned to use GGG's name like many others in the past or will Jr actually take the fight as he promised?
                ... and what have you expected?
                ... I said it here: they all talk GGG before **** fights...

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post

He better not back out. After all the siht he talked, that would be a ***** move. For real.

Comment

GGG seems to have the worst luck with these f a g s.

If i was him, i would let anyone KO me in the first round, i'll dive just to see if the others dare fighting me.

****!

Comment

Working...
                    X