Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to become a professional boxer!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to become a professional boxer!

Okay, I know this sounds completely stupid but I want to become a professional boxer. Why does is sound stupid? Because, I'm 15 and I JUST started. By just I meant to say I started a month ago. So here's my little story..!

I come from a family who are not exactly the richest. They're not exactly poor. I always have food in the table. However, they're not exactly the type to have a lot of money. For a year now, I've been begging my parents to get me into this boxing club. After a year of begging, I finally got it! I've got a membership to a boxing club. Now, like any other boxing club, I'm allowed to go anytime. There's 3 classes a week. I can only take 2 when school start because one class is in the morning! However, I plan on going there everyday (except Sundays, because it's closed). I realized that it was time for me to choose what I wanted to be. I was thinking and I thought of this, boxing. I have a feeling that I started a little too late. I learnt that Sugar Ray Robinson started at 15 too, but I'm not Sugar Ray. I'm not the most athletic neither am I the stronger. However! I am willing to take risks and do the necessary..

Now my question here, for you guys, is "What kind of training should I do". Basically a workout list and also how long. My friend who wants to join the MMA suggested 3 hours a day. However, he didn't specify what to do. Punch bags? Run? Workout? Basically I want to know how long would I have to work and what do I have to do to become a professional boxer. Also keep in mind, I want to be the BEST professional boxer. I'm just a little scared of the time I started.. (BY THE WAY I TAKE CLASSES, 3 TIMES A WEEK.. but other than that)

Since you have a membership you should do whatever workouts/exercises your trainers tell you to do. Have them give you pointers on your form and explain how to properly train and throw punches without injuring yourself.

Once you're a few months in and your trainers feel you can keep yourself busy come back and ask questions here. Read up on the threads we have here and that should answer a large portion of any questions you have.

Oh and stick to compound lifts if you're lifting (Squat, deadlift, bench, pull ups, etc.) Isolation exercises aren't really for boxers unless you notice somethings lacking.

Comment

Learn the basics and workout for now. You'll learn as you go, the technique and getting yur conditioning up is all you need to worry about for now.

I don't mean this in a disrespect way at all, but you don't know ****, so don't try to take 10 steps forward before yu even know how to hold your hands up.

Basically meaning, take it step by step, 15 is not to late to become a good pro, it all depends on you and your training.

And remind yourself, your not Roy jones, your not Floyd, so don't try to mimic them, so many kids try to be like them before they can even throw a proper jab.

However you think boxing works, it doesn't, it 20x harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Frosty View Post
        Okay, I know this sounds completely stupid but I want to become a professional boxer. Why does is sound stupid? Because, I'm 15 and I JUST started. By just I meant to say I started a month ago. So here's my little story..!

I come from a family who are not exactly the richest. They're not exactly poor. I always have food in the table. However, they're not exactly the type to have a lot of money. For a year now, I've been begging my parents to get me into this boxing club. After a year of begging, I finally got it! I've got a membership to a boxing club. Now, like any other boxing club, I'm allowed to go anytime. There's 3 classes a week. I can only take 2 when school start because one class is in the morning! However, I plan on going there everyday (except Sundays, because it's closed). I realized that it was time for me to choose what I wanted to be. I was thinking and I thought of this, boxing. I have a feeling that I started a little too late. I learnt that Sugar Ray Robinson started at 15 too, but I'm not Sugar Ray. I'm not the most athletic neither am I the stronger. However! I am willing to take risks and do the necessary..

Now my question here, for you guys, is "What kind of training should I do". Basically a workout list and also how long. My friend who wants to join the MMA suggested 3 hours a day. However, he didn't specify what to do. Punch bags? Run? Workout? Basically I want to know how long would I have to work and what do I have to do to become a professional boxer. Also keep in mind, I want to be the BEST professional boxer. I'm just a little scared of the time I started.. (BY THE WAY I TAKE CLASSES, 3 TIMES A WEEK.. but other than that)
        what kind of gym did you join that you have to ask these questions?

Comment

Becoming a great boxer is like building a house. It's all about the foundation. Like addix said, you need to focus on technique and conditioning. Your style will develop as you learn and get better. Figure out your height and reach then look up boxers with similar size if you want to find a style that fits you.

As for training, I recommend you stretch, jump rope for 3 rounds, and shadow box for 2 rounds so as to warm up. Then work on the heavy bag for 3 rounds and the speed bag for 3 rounds. Add other bags such as double end bag and mitts as your stamina increases.

On your own time do push ups, pull ups, body weight squats, crunches, leg raises, and jog 2-3 miles every other day.

Don't rush into amateur boxing until you have a year of training under your belt. If you start too soon you will most likely lose and bruise your confidence which will deter you from your goal of professional boxing.

Don't even think about turning pro until after college, study something useful just in case pro boxing doesn't work out such as business, sports marketing, kinesiology, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            what kind of gym did you join that you have to ask these questions?
            Lol, sounds like his parents paid for him to join Bo Bo the clown's circus boxing club.

Comment

Stop tweaking, I ain't no rich kid like probably you. Why you bashing? Man stop tweaking if you don't know **** then don't run your mouth. Goofy.

Comment

How long is a round ? And Instead of mile can I have a time. Like how long should I jog. Thank you!

Comment

Honestly, I don't want to ask question the guy. I don't want them to question me and start telling me you too old to think you can possibly become a professional boxer.

Comment

By workout, you mean lifting weight? If it is, yup I'll start lifting weight.

Comment

Working...
                    X