Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: Ward Bossed The Fight, Kovalev's Pressure Ineffective

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    There's a couple of REALLY good videos out there of Paulie summarizing the fight. Recommended viewing for those who can't understand Ward winning. It'll give you a different perspective.
    That little rant by Paulie reminded me why I love the guy lol. After finding him obnoxious as of late, especially with the pac haterade, I had put him in the dungheap section of my mind! And then he screws it all up! With that eloquent, incisive, correct analysis and understanding...including the etheral psychological things that take such chutzpa! like standing in front of a slugger and not getting taken out of your game plan, knowing what one punch can do to you.

Ward accomplished something remarkable in that fight imo, I agree with Paulie. People don't want to look carefully at Ward doing things like stepping into his midpoint of balance, to unload on the crusher...something i havent seen any fighter do since Marciano (its also how Tyson got beat against Evander cause Tyson could not do it properly).

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
      First was even.
      Cliff, how does this even work when we have the '10 must' scoring system. Isn't it the case that the only way a round can be drawn is when the fighter winning a round is knocked down or has a point deducted?

Thanks - keep up the good work!!!!!!

Ideas for articles:

greatest Refereeing controversies
      How referees are trained in different countries
      Boxing scene by country eg current state in France/ Kazakhstan/ Thailand/ Brazil etc etc
      What is happening in NY viz-a-viz insurance and compare to other states
      History of boxing in Las Vegas
      Complete rundowns on banned substances and what gains they bring

Comment

Originally posted by r1onnie2 View Post
        True, people can say what they want but one thing is Paulie is going to give it to you raw and uncut. Paulie isn't biases when calling fights and you have to respect coming from someone who competes in the sport.
        You can respect him all you want. You can respect he is not biased. But explain how he had ward up so many points after first 6 rounds. He just got it wrong, wildly wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          That little rant by Paulie reminded me why I love the guy lol. After finding him obnoxious as of late, especially with the pac haterade, I had put him in the dungheap section of my mind! And then he screws it all up! With that eloquent, incisive, correct analysis and understanding...including the etheral psychological things that take such chutzpa! like standing in front of a slugger and not getting taken out of your game plan, knowing what one punch can do to you.

Ward accomplished something remarkable in that fight imo, I agree with Paulie. People don't want to look carefully at Ward doing things like stepping into his midpoint of balance, to unload on the crusher...something i havent seen any fighter do since Marciano (its also how Tyson got beat against Evander cause Tyson could not do it properly).
          ^You took the words. I used to watch his interviews because he was such a lucid and well-spoken guy when it came to explaining the science. He had a professor-like quality in simplifying and sharing information (his jab video is a great example). Then, the last 2 years it's like he suffered some sort of head trauma the way he'd aggressively rant about Pac. I don't get down with anyone who disrespects a legend like that, esp not the way he did it. But, here he's once again calm and narrates the fight the way good commentators are supposed to (not this "I don't know Jim..." bullshyt), explaining the eb and flow.

As I keep saying, people shut off their objectivity after that KD. They couldn't conceive anything but Kov winning because fighters rarely come back like Ward did. Imagine if those rounds came in reverse... Most people would be saying "bravo to Kovalev for the 11rd KD, but it was too little too late".

Comment

I wonder how he scored Bradley / Pacquiao I

Comment

Comment

"Ward bossed the fight!" - Paulie The Mouth Malignaggi

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                    You can respect him all you want. You can respect he is not biased. But explain how he had ward up so many points after first 6 rounds. He just got it wrong, wildly wrong.
                    I scored the fight and I gave Ward rounds 3,4,7,8,9,11,12 and gave Kovalev rounds 1,2,5,6,10. I had it 7-5 114-113 Ward, judging is subjective so a point either way and I wouldn't of been mad.

Comment

Bossed? No way.. Kovalev did more damage and had the accuracy.

-Mosley had it a draw
                      -RJJ had Kovalev.
                      -SRL had Kovalev
                      -Tarver had Kovalev
                      -Alvarez had a draw
                      -Lomachenko had Kovalev
                      -K9 had Kovalev
                      -Ndam had a draw
                      -Vanes had a draw
                      -Walters had a draw
                      -Foreman thought Ward needed a KO!
                      -Chop Chop Corley had Kovalev!
                      -Golovkin had Kovalev.
                      -Provodnikov had Kovalev.

So come on now son! Paulie you struggled to accept your loss to Hatton for months so stfu!

Comment

Working...
                      X