Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!!! I'm Starting To Think Margarito Has A Shot!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You normally need a stationary target to really be able to dig body shots in, I doubt Margarito has the feet to be able to keep Pacquiao in one spot, he doesn't have the jab to do it either. Cotto needed breathers and sat on the ropes as early as the second round against Margarito.

Clottey hitting Pacquiao is all valid but Clottey is way quicker than Margarito. As Pacquiao said, Margarito throws a punch on Tuesday and it gets there on Friday.

And I don't think Pacquiao will forsake the body, the guy is a good body puncher. Especially with straight left hands and right hooks, and he mixes them to the body and the head very well.

One more thing, I wouldn't be surprised if Pacquiao manages to hurt Margarito early, just because I don't think Margarito will see Pacquiao's shots coming and he'll walk right into it. The same move that ended up knocking out Hatton would work against Margarito, draw him in with a short jab, step back and come over with a left hand.

Comment

Originally posted by T.I. View Post
      Agreed. But if Marg goes for the body.. the head will be wide open for Manny. If Marg can take Pacs power... we will have a war. If Manny hurts Marg, there is no way Marg will be able to handle that speed.

Marg is still bigger-taller/longer reach/stamina/active and throws many punches.. Manny might actually have to box like he did with ODLH as opposed to the wars he had slugging it out with Hatton/Cotto.
      Margarito's going to be open no matter what, he just has to be able to take Pacquiao's power. He's definitely going to have to box. Hatton got hurt twice 2 fights before Pacquiao against Lazcano and Cotto hasn't looked himself since Margarito.
      Originally posted by T.I. View Post
      You could be right. I don't know if manny has the power to hurt marg. mosley was throwing BOMBS at marg.. different kind of power. Manny may have the speed to to stun marg a bit, but don't know if he can really hurt him or KD him.

Keep in mind that manny fought diaz his first fight at 135 .. and De La Hoya took punches from MUCH bigger men.. (and claimed manny didn't hit hard in one interview, but later saying manny hits as hard as middleweights in a later interview)..

I do believe that manny will have to break marg down with accumulation of punches... this might go to a decision.
      This is Pacquiao's first fight at 150 though. Margarito has shown the kind of chin and has a big enough chip on his shoulder that I can't see him going out without a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        I hope you know that Margarito delivered tons of body shots that helped Cotto get tired. Don't think that Cotto just had a mental breakdown from all the pressure Margarito put on him although it was part of the reason.

Who's the last fighter to actually go to Pacquiao's body?
        You wanna bet?

Comment

I thought you were convinced Margarito was too big Tua?

IMO anyone that isn't physically stronger than Margarito (or as strong) will have tons of trouble keeping him off. I could be wrong, but I don't think Pacquiao will be able to stun or hurt him without breaking him down first.

Pacquiao wasn't able to hurt a David Diaz he was catching with blind shots in exchanges. He couldn't knock out the corpse of De La Hoya either. Pacquiao will have to break him down before taking him out.
          he is too big. i thought pac-marg would be crazy a year or two ago.

if marg can take pac's punches then we have a fight.

but if marg's chin is not what it use to be and he can get hurt or stunned......marg has no chance.

he needs to wear down , bruise up and slow down pac to win.

he'll eat a lot of punches to get that done.

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
            I know that Pac won't hold like Mosley but he can't, but he is definately more agile and mobile than Shane. Marg will hit Pac no doubt but Pac won't fight like he did vs Clottey who stands in a shell. The thing is we don't know which Margarito is going to show up!
            Pacquiao will need the extra agility and mobility to slow down Margarito if he doesn't have the strength to constantly hold when Margarito is in range.

I'm sure we will see a good version of Margarito, what Mosley and Garcia have in common is that they are both stronger than him. I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure he'll be stronger than Pacquiao, which will be the main reason he won't look like complete ****.

Comment

Ofcourse he has a chance.........................the marg that fought cotto (platered version)...........will make it a hell of a fight for the PAC that fought..............Clottey....................

Comment

Pacquiao will need the extra agility and mobility to slow down Margarito if he doesn't have the strength to constantly hold when Margarito is in range.

I'm sure we will see a good version of Margarito, what Mosley and Garcia have in common is that they are both stronger than him. I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure he'll be stronger than Pacquiao, which will be the main reason he won't look like complete ****.
                I'm not sure how much strength will play into this fight. It depends on how much Pacquiao moves his feet. Pacquiao is a good puncher who gets his body behind his punches and throws them quickly in combinations - he just doesn't have the weight to punch like some. But, Margarito is the type of man who won't see the punches because he constantly throws, and this could be bad for Margarito. Mosley is a bigger puncher than Pac but his punches are often wide and easier to see than Pac's imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                  You normally need a stationary target to really be able to dig body shots in, I doubt Margarito has the feet to be able to keep Pacquiao in one spot, he doesn't have the jab to do it either. Cotto needed breathers and sat on the ropes as early as the second round against Margarito.

Clottey hitting Pacquiao is all valid but Clottey is way quicker than Margarito. As Pacquiao said, Margarito throws a punch on Tuesday and it gets there on Friday.

And I don't think Pacquiao will forsake the body, the guy is a good body puncher. Especially with straight left hands and right hooks, and he mixes them to the body and the head very well.

One more thing, I wouldn't be surprised if Pacquiao manages to hurt Margarito early, just because I don't think Margarito will see Pacquiao's shots coming and he'll walk right into it. The same move that ended up knocking out Hatton would work against Margarito, draw him in with a short jab, step back and come over with a left hand.
                  You can't be in constantly moving and be able to throw as many punches as you normally do. Cotto found that out the hard way. You have to give 1 up for the other, no 2 month camp will allow you do otherwise without getting tired in a 12 round fight.

I'm not saying Margarito is as quick as Clottey, but he's longer and will throw twice as much as Clottey. Pacquiao will have a field day on Margarito's face because of how slow Margarito is, but Margarito has shown he can walk through it and keep coming.

Body punching is the key to the fight on both sides. Whoever lands more to the body, especially early will win the fight and right now I think it'll be Pacquiao because of Roach.

Margarito will be carrying a Diaz like chin, not a Hatton level chin and it'll be harder to reach.

Comment

I hope you know that Margarito delivered tons of body shots that helped Cotto get tired. Don't think that Cotto just had a mental breakdown from all the pressure Margarito put on him although it was part of the reason.

Who's the last fighter to actually go to Pacquiao's body?
                    All of you make some good point, one thing to remember is Margarito maybe as heavy as 160-165 come fight night so while he maybe slow his beard maybe able to withstand everything Pacman can throw. Margarito has his height on his side b/c he won't be as succeptible to the southpaw left as Cotto and Hatton were. Margarito tends to fight smaller anyway and what fighter wasn't able to land flush on him anyway. This fight could be a bust or the most interesting fight of the year b/c Margarito has a punchers chance and he'll land 1 or 2 pucnhes to Pac's 5 or 6 and be fine with that.

Comment

its the sport of boxing man... anything can happen...

who would have thought hearns will be laid down by iran barkley? im pretty sure if NSB existed back then, a lot would have hearns winning...

Comment

Working...
                      X