Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the main reason Tyson Fury was able to beat Wladimir Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    What? YOU had him winning this fight.

That moment when you have no way of saving a debate when someone lands a mortal kombat style finish him

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      What? YOU had him winning this fight.

Yeah. Not my best night of scoring. At least I didn't have 11-1 Fury as some not so biased brits.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        Klitschko is shot. It wasn't like he was missing his punches. He simply could not pull the trigger. Fury deserves credit for having confidence and a game plan. But I'd have a difficult time picking Wladimir against any legitimate contender now. He looked like just another old washed up heavyweight.
        It really had nothing to do with Tyson feinting all match.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
          Once again proving that you are a terrible klitard

You were one of the few with other kilt fans who had wlad winning and now you post this

Get out

Jeez what a troll
          What's the problem? It's a perfectly sensible post with the benefit of hindsight.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            He certainly did show his age. I think the punchstat numbers will be telling. I expect a huge dropoff in punches thrown.

Whether he can win a rematch I don't know, but what I do know is that his corner sucked. Imagine if Emanuel Steward was the chief second.
            Punch stats will be more indicative of Fury's control of range, head movement and making Wlad second guess himself with constant feints, it'll be more indicative of that than age.

Comment

It was both prime Wlad would of had a hard time with Fury too but I think he would of beat him I said before the fight that Wlads age is the only thing that worried me.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Was it primarily due to Fury's superior boxing ability or Klitschko's age?
                Age and the fact that Wladimir has absolutely no inside fighting ability whatsoever. It caught up to him against a taller opponent. But Wladimir is also clearly past his prime and it showed before this fight.

Comment

fury is the superior boxer and wins 100/100 times

wlad has been boxing for how long and STILL hasnt learned a inside game....not a good look

Comment

****ing gutted. Age catches up to every man. Plus Wlad isn't used to fighting someone taller than him and you could tell Fury's reach was really causing him problems. He didn't look like himself man.

Comment

Although his height advantage was a factor, he psyched him out and knew how to sow the seeds of doubt in Wlad's mind. Fury said Emanuel Steward (RIP) gave him some tips about how to beat Wlad, and one of them was that Wlad became insecure at times. This was glaringly obvious during the fight, he was too hesitant, unwilling to engage and just didn't know what to make of Fury's style. This is why I think Fury's reign will be a long one: adaptability and mental prowess.

Comment

Working...
                      X