Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse is winning the 140lb tourney hands down.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pacquiaoifyable View Post
    None of that could compare to Garcia landing a left hook on him though, which is really what I'm trying to get at. Who knows how Lucas would react if that happened. That would be a true test to his chin.
    Yeah fair enough. I was impressed by Garcia's boxing ability at the weekend, he's a smart fighter, much better than I had previously thought. I'm backing Matthysse to win the "tournament", but I'm much less certain than I was before the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by RingGeneralship View Post
      This is the problem I don't speak in hyperbole , people on this board don't understand how they come off. If a reader was a novice to boxing and came here they're would be no boogeyman stories it would be Lucas stories like he can knock down walls with a jab or knock someone's head clean off. He's good but a little overrated is my point. And to answer your question Garcia is a young and upcoming fighter who is improving and can only get better and having khan and Judah aren't bad for a young champion to have on his résumé .
      That's how I feel about Danny, too, actually; though I'm not sure how much room he has to improve in the long-term; that we'll see. I think its a tough fight if Lucas gets past Peterson. 50-50 for me.

The problem is that hyperbole guarantees responses. So you get people with "he's a bum" "he kills him in 2 rounds" "coward" etc. etc. Balance is usually not for the internet. My feeling is that it would help if everyone was first a fan of boxing, then of boxers. Of course I have faves; but the order is set.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Soto is a very good fighter who had not been stopped in over a decade, had he even been down? & Ajose is criminally underrated which is probably why Garcia avoided him like the plague

Yeah I suppose Alexander also beat Kotelnik fairly? Lucas kicked the **** out of Alexander that fight is not even arguable.

This was when he was still raw, his first time at top level & hes clearly come back much stronger is a far more complete fighter then he was 2-3years back.

It makes me laugh how people pick Lucas to lose, he destroys them and makes them look ridiculous then the same people months later call his opponents bums, say he is overrated etc
        & he will batter Peterson but I'm presuming you're an ALT and won't nowhere to be found after, typical.
        ok, first the hyperbole must stop, you told on yourself when you say he killed devon maybe he wins a close decision at best. to say he was raw its not like he was in his early 20's . and who picked him to lose to soto and ajose . danny avoiding ajose is laughable last time I checked danny is champion so someone is handling his career fine, paulie said it best when talking to Thurman this is prize fighting bro ajose is no one , tell me what danny gains fighting him other than respect on boxing forums, make sense! lastly I don't want to come off as a lucas hater but he's a basic fighter nothing special. good not great and its 50-50 with all the 140's so stop the he'll destroy nonsense because he didn't destroy Judah or Devon. just consider that when posting

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
          That's how I feel about Danny, too, actually; though I'm not sure how much room he has to improve in the long-term; that we'll see. I think its a tough fight if Lucas gets past Peterson. 50-50 for me.

The problem is that hyperbole guarantees responses. So you get people with "he's a bum" "he kills him in 2 rounds" "coward" etc. etc. Balance is usually not for the internet. My feeling is that it would help if everyone was first a fan of boxing, then of boxers. Of course I have faves; but the order is set.
          great post . person with logic. I understand the "guarantees responses" thing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Yeah fair enough. I was impressed by Garcia's boxing ability at the weekend, he's a smart fighter, much better than I had previously thought. I'm backing Matthysse to win the "tournament", but I'm much less certain than I was before the weekend.
            I agree.

I'd really like Matthysse to win it. Simply can't get behind a former drug cheat and Danny and Angel both annoy the hell out of me.

All three are definitely talented in their own way though and I wouldn't count out any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Peterson is a harder fight for Lucas than Garcia is
              No doubt, Pete is willing to go to war to get the upper hand no matter what but that could also play into Matty's strengths. Garcia better start preparing to use that jab and find his distance or else Matty is just going to steam roll him.

Comment

Haha

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
                I'll ask you then, who has Garcia KO'd that was good?

Of course glass chin and grandpa don't count.
                I will answer this for you.......Garcia dropped Grandpa and won, Lucas ummm lost to Grandpa right???

Comment

In my opinion Ajose is better than Garcia and Peterson

Comment

Working...
                  X