No announcement yet.

Keith Thurman vs Danny Garcia at CW 144

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Thurman vs Danny Garcia at CW 144

Lets say 144 since Thurman fights at welter. I believe Garcia/Peterson is at CW 143.

Who would y'all take?
    Keith
    70.45%
    Danny
    27.27%
    Draw
    2.27%

interesting fight, i think danny can take thurman's power. but i don't know if he can box with him thurman won't come after him like lucas did for example.

Comment

I can see Garcia knocking him out with a Garsh. Guerrero timed him quite a bit and Garcia has much better timing and hits a lot harder than Guerrero.

Comment

Why the hell is Danny Garcia always fighting at a catchweight? Why can't he just move to 147 lbs. if he can no longer make 140 lbs.?

Comment

Gonna have to go with Thurman. Hard really to say without seeing Thurman at 144, but I think he'd still find a way to win.

Comment

I actually think Thurman can knock him out because he throws from all angles and Garcia is pretty stationary like the ghost but I can't see him withstanding that type of onslaught, despite his great chin.

Comment

How about Danny just move up already? Catch weights aren't always necessarily a bad thing but there is no reason whatsoever why he can't fight at 147. What good are those titles at 140 if he can't even make the weight anymore?

I realize that's hardly the point but still, this is ridiculous.
              Last edited by Derranged; 03-23-2015, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Thurman can make 144 but there's no need for it, Danny is bigger than most current top 10 welterweights and kills himself making 140, it's time for him to start fighting people his own size.

I see Thurman dominating Danny and boxing his head off, a late stoppage is possible

Comment

Thurman is too fast for him, with some pretty good boxing himself. All Danny has is a left hook, and Birmingham should be able to employ a strategy to nullify that punch. It would be a good fight to see, but needs to be at the full 147 limit.

Comment

Whether it's at 147 or 144, I think Thurman is just better all-around. Better boxer and his power matches Danny's -- if not passes it. Danny's got some serious power with that hook of his, but Thurman's got fight changing power as well.

I gotta think Keith takes it. I'll give Danny his due, though. I didn't think Danny would beat Khan or Lucas either, and he proved me wrong (and a lot of other people as well) on both occasions.

Comment

Working...
                    X