Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergey Kovalev vs. Jean Pascal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First 4 rounds are a war. Kovalev then takes over and wins a decision. Pascal has a pretty Damon good chin for a 4 round fighter.

Comment

Kvalev by KO/TKO I guess, though I like better the stle of Pascal he is really a 4 rounder fighter and he wasn't that good even against Bute. His defense is also weak, maybe he is a little faster and more explosive than Kovalev but in every other aspects of boxing Kovalev seems better so I don't see how he could win this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
        But will Kovalev receive fair officiating in Quebec?

I hope they don't have that crooked referee that worked the first Andrade-Bute fight for this one, and I hope there will be neutral judges who will not be swayed by the crowd.
        It wouldn't shock me if it did happen, nothing in this sport shocks me anymore. I hope that doesn't happen though, that would be messed up.

Comment

A very good fight. These are the type of fights fans deserve to watch. Although Pascal is far from being as active he would like (or we would like to see), Pascal has had some great success at Light heavyweight. Pascal did expose the hype job of Bute... saying that, I would have to pick Kovalev. I voted against him before, and that will not happen in the near future. Kovalev by late KO, Or wide Unanimous Decision

Comment

Pascal won't make 6.

Comment

I'm not gonna vote now. I want to hear the camp stories first. As of now I favor Kovalev by late TKO in a competitive fight. I actually see Pascal dropping Kovalev in the 2nd or 3rd rd as Kovalev resets. I see Kovalev adjusting as the fight last until he drops & finish off Pascal in the 8th round. I don't like how Pascal finishes fights. He's a frontrunner in my humble opinion

Comment

Kovalev will be the first man to stop Pascal.

Brutally.

Comment

Originally posted by -KULT- View Post
                  I can see the Canadian crowd loving Kovalev after he destroys Pascal and as such calling Stevenson to man up and fight Kovalev.

This is Krusher coming out party in Canada.
                  You think he could build a following there if he beats Pascal and Stevenson, would they turn out for him?

I'm not sure, but I'm sceptical as to whether he'll become a ticket seller in the States.

Comment

... In case Kovalev drops Pascal early we'll get a nice long fight...

Comment

Pascal is no master boxer, but he has that hit and run style. He isn't going to just stand and absorb punishment. He doesn't get tired and has the ability to keep that pace for 12 rounds. He has a good chin, but Kovalev's power is something else, so you never know what it's lights out. I can see Pascal winning a decision in an ugly fight, but I also realize it is unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                      X