Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG looks in great shape for this fight.

Comment

• Haha. First, Golovkin is voted #1 P4P by Sky, now their newest poll has the fight pretty close to 50/50. Wtf man.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        Haha. First, Golovkin is voted #1 P4P by Sky, now their newest poll has the fight pretty close to 50/50. Wtf man.

Probably a sign the casuals are getting involved. Let the momentum build.

Comment

• Kell Brook got steadied by Senchenko, as much as I love an upset...I just can't see it.

Comment

• If Brook and GGG were of the same size (say Brook was a natural MW fighter), GGG still knocks Brook out. That tells you how big of a mismatch it is and I am a huge GGG fan.
            But then again, which fight except Ward would'nt have GGG as a heavy favorite. As it looks like by the results, every fight GGG has is a mismatch.

Comment

• Curtis Stevens interview on the fight

What makes GGG such a good fighter?

He's very poised. He can box too. Some people think he's just a puncher, but he has good ring generalship and he stalks you very well. He knows when to engage and when to step back from the action. It's basic ring generalship.

Do you need a high work rate and a good jab to beat Golovkin?

In any given fight, people don't like punches to be thrown at them. Either I'm going to throw or he's going to throw. Somebody is going to be hit and it all depends on who takes the better shot at the end of the day. A high work-rate makes him fight more, instead of at his own pace which may not always be helpful.

Kell Brook has a great jab, but the key thing is to hit and not get hit. Brook will have to tie him up and be like a mouse. The cat chases the mouse, but the mouse runs for his life. That's why the cat doesn't catch the mouse, most of the time.

Is GGG as strong and powerful as his record suggests?

Yes. He has a lot of power. It wasn't a one punch knockout shot that stopped me when we fought, but overall he is a powerful fighter. With that, I do think that he can be beaten. I caught him a few times and believe that I hurt him, but he has a great poker face.

Would you do anything differently if you fought him again?

I would let my hands go a little more. I was in the fight. I had great times in the fight, but I just didn't keep it up, I wasn't consistent with it. I was doing well, but then I stepped it down. The one thing I had to do was just keep pushing forward and keep being consistent in my attack.

What is GGG like before a fight?

He's cool. He's not too much of a trash talker, unless you bring it out of him. He's a cool person. I don't know him personally, but he seems cool and gets on with business.

What is your prediction for Saturday's main event?

Kell Brook is an excellent fighter and he wasn't scared to take this fight when no one else would. This is boxing. Brook has never been hit by a 160lb fighter, so we will have to wait and see how good his chin is.

He's coming from 147lb to 160lb, so we don't know how much muscle he's going to put on. The muscle could be his downfall, because it might take away from his speed, or it may better him. You never know at this point how the fight will play out. I'm a fan of both, but I'm just waiting to see the outcome. On any given day I believe Golovkin can be beaten, it's not impossible.
              Last edited by Clegg; 09-07-2016, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Gaydar showed how to beat GGG. Now can anyone replicate that game plan and has GGG fixed those holes?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    Kell Brook got steadied by Senchenko, as much as I love an upset...I just can't see it.

It's boxing....It happens....

Comment

• Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post

It's boxing....It happens....
                      lol that video prooved GGG's chin. As he steps back he still has balance. Totally different than Brook being hurt.

Comment

Working...
                      X