No announcement yet.

Malik Scott: "Fury is like Ali!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Ali didn't make controversial statements for the sake of controversy, he made them because he believed in them and they were words that, at times, changed American thinking, it just so happened, some of them turned in to controversies.

Fury makes controversial statements because there is a damaged link between his brain and his mouth. If eh was a man of conviction, he would not have apologised for what he said, after making comments he KNEW would get press.

Not to mention Ali backed it all up with action. Fury danced around and won a fight by throwing 12 punches or whatever it was, after saying he would go to war.
    I'm not sure the ghost of Joe Frazier would agree with you. Yeah Ali did say some important things but he could be a supreme pr*ck as well. Frazier actually loaned Ali money while he was in exile only to get called an ugly gorilla for his troubles. Ali had a douche side, no doubt about it.

I personally love me some Tyson Fury, like him or loathe him he has brought excitement back to the HW division. Dude brings his troll game like a white goofy version of James Toney. Respect to the big *****.

Comment

Too long didn't watch, but if he actually compared Fury to Ali in the ring, he was high as fk.

And that is giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Have no wish to consider the alternative as I bear Malik Scott no ill will.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
        Is it fair to say he's a "Super Ali"?
        Yes those were my thoughts on the matter exactly!!

In fact I would go a step further and declare that the dudes here trying to elevate the distinguished Mr. Ali above Fury are extremely disrespectful to the current champ..

Tyson Fury would never be allowed in the 2010's to face an opponent as terrible as Ali or any of his opponents. Geroge Foreman of the 70's might just scrape by as an easy win for him in reality with some credibility as a "decent opponent".

Ali could also be considered somewhat due to his cruiserish size as a VERY poor man's Steve Cunningham!

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
          Yes those were my thoughts on the matter exactly!!

In fact I would go a step further and declare that the dudes here trying to elevate the distinguished Mr. Ali above Fury are extremely disrespectful to the current champ..

Tyson Fury would never be allowed in the 2010's to face an opponent as terrible as Ali or any of his opponents. Geroge Foreman of the 70's might just scrape by as an easy win for him in reality with some credibility as a "decent opponent".

Ali could also be considered somewhat due to his cruiserish size as a VERY poor man's Steve Cunningham!
          Ali vs Cunningham might go the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by b d w View Post
            I'm not sure the ghost of Joe Frazier would agree with you. Yeah Ali did say some important things but he could be a supreme pr*ck as well. Frazier actually loaned Ali money while he was in exile only to get called an ugly gorilla for his troubles. Ali had a douche side, no doubt about it.

I personally love me some Tyson Fury, like him or loathe him he has brought excitement back to the HW division. Dude brings his troll game like a white goofy version of James Toney. Respect to the big *****.
            I'm not saying Ali was an angel and yes, at times against Frazier he did go a bit far as the gorilla taunts were worse than calling someone a bear or a rabbit BUT let's not forget, Frazier at times would refuse to call Ali by his name, which was a big part of Ali's life and identity as a black muslim in a hostile nation. What pissed Ali off so much was that white people were calling him by his name but a black man refused.

All in all, Ali was the bigger man and tried making up to Frazier several times but Frazier died bitter, I hope he found some peace in the end.

Also, I never said I disliked Fury, I like him too, I've been talking him up on this forum for years but Fury and Ali isn't a comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Ali vs Cunningham might go the distance.
              Agreed..

I am not insisting that Cunningham could waste Ali in this reference.

Completely objectively, it is entirely plausible that Muhammad Ali could/would have survived Steve Cunningham..

I am not in disagree with this post at all,

Of course I would go on to say that the chances of Ali WINNING against Steve Cunningham are extremely slim..

If Doug Jones can beat Ali it is unimaginable what Cunningham could do.
              Last edited by Elroy1; 01-26-2016, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                Agreed..

I am not insisting that Cunningham could waste Ali in this reference.

Completely objectively, it is entirely plausible that Muhammad Ali could/would have survived Steve Cunningham..

I am not in disagree with this post at all,

Of course I would go on to say that the chances of Ali WINNING against Steve Cunningham are extremely slim..

If Doug Jones can beat Ali it is unimaginable what Cunningham could do.
                How would Ali do against a guy like the new champ Martin?

Comment

Strong bump.

Comment

Truer words never spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      I agree. Ali was great at getting attention. Fury is too. Floyd was too.

People like to put Ali on a pedestal like he was boxing's Jesus & incapable of faults or impossible to be compared to others, but he was just a guy who was a elite level boxer who talked too f#cking much, like Fury or Floyd, to many boxing media & fans.
                      He also backed it up 99% of the time. If you're that good, you can talk all you want.

Fury has become a joke sadly and hasn't backed up any of his KO boasts in almost 2 years if not longer.

Comment

Working...
                      X