Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. David Lemieux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Golovkin fought a very good fight and did what he had to do. It was a good win and will open up the door for future big PPV events. On the flip side Lemieux looked terrible, had no Idea what to do and had no jab what so ever. Last nights fight should show anyone that was paying attention how Important It Is to know how to throw a jab.

Next up, Cotto or Canelo at a catch weight and neither one has a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Breed99 View Post
      No need to be a t o t a l - d i c k. I just axed you a question dude, whats your problem? you must be a sociopath
      So are you saying because there wasnt really inside fighting GGG has no inside game?
      Sorry my friend, I thought you were being sarcastic.

I didn't say he doesn't have it, just that he hasn't shown it, yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ringo View Post
        I think this is an interesting point about Golovkin.

I think the guy is a stud and if he ever got 'angry' or up in the 4th gear range it could be genuinely terrifying for the guy looking over his gloves at the Kazac. But, it could also be a real problem. And I say this as a sellout Golovkin fan. Finding the upper gears can get tough if you've never had to do it before.
        Lol, I already feel bad for this fantasy opponent... A pissed of Golovkin is a scary thought indeed... Honestly, unless either Canelo or Cotto swiftly dispatches the other in dominating fashion, I don't see how either of them stand a chance against GGG.... There is simply no one right now that can bring GGG into deep waters.... Even Andre Ward would only box and run and rely on quicker feet, same with Floyd... Having said that, the fight last night was prematurely stopped, and I think David might have landed something big in the later rounds... not that he would of won, but we might of been able to see GGG chin tested more....

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
          Go fuck yourself.

You are simply attacking me for insinuating that boxing is corrupt, as is well known.

I don't like seeing injuries.

Lemieux was doing some of his best work.

GGG didn't need any help to get the win, but the stoppage was not a good one.

Don't shoot the messenger, cocksucker.
          Let's see what Charles Farrell has to say, coincidentally a New Yorker.

Why I Fixed Fights

I fixed a lot of fights over the years. In two I didn't fix but should have, people paid heavily for my carelessness. Even though I set up Mitch "Blood" Green and Leon Spinks cushion-soft in their comeback fights, I managed to get one embarrassed and the other nearly killed. There had been opportunities for them, deals that came undone when they lost. It wasn't as if the winners benefited in any tangible way either. At best their victories brought them smallish short-term bragging rights. Among boxing insiders they were objects of scorn for having won, as incompetent at their jobs as Green, Spinks, and I were at ours.

Writing about boxing sometimes adopts a heroic perspective on the sport. This seems especially common in a certain kind of popular journalism. When a boxer gets into the ring, he's seen as entering a magic theatre of virtue and vice cut off from the rest of the world. For the fight's duration his actions assume a kind of moral transparency, defining him as noble or ignoble. But when it's over and he steps outside the ring, becoming just a person again, the aura sticks. To participate in fight fixing therefore defines him morally not only as a professional fighter, but as a person. Lost in this vision of things is any awareness of the way boxing actually works as a business, and the racially and economically inflected cultures within which that business is transacted.

Why did I fix fights? I fixed fights because it was the smart thing to do.

I started managing Mitch Green in late 1991, a little more than a year before his loss to Bruce Johnson. He'd been a high-profile contender—an imposing eccentric who'd famously fought Mike Tyson twice, once in the ring and once on a Harlem street, and who with a little work could be brought back into the title picture. Our first business meeting took place at a gimmicky penthouse restaurant in Cambridge, Mass., that revolved slowly above the city. The first thing Mitch did was rise up from the table, peel down the top of his bright orange jumpsuit, flex his pecs, kiss his biceps, and invite a roomful of sedate diners to "feast your eyes on what a real heavyweight is supposed to look like."
          Read on

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            The lack of all the things I just mentioned.

What kind of stupid question is this?
            Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Sorry my friend, I thought you were being sarcastic.

I didn't say he doesn't have it, just that he hasn't shown it, yet.
            oh, ok cool dude!

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              It's not Lemiuex fault that he was stripped? He won the title fair and square, he wasn't given it.

If Lemiuex is another over matched opponent, then all middleweights will be overmatched. Tell me one other fighter in the middleweight division, that would definitely beat Lemieux? I can't think of any I would bet heavily on.

Jacobs, Quillin, Cotto, Lee - all of those guys will probably share the same destiny as Lemiuex did tonight and will you say the same thing? GGG is cleaning out the division, one at a time.

Next year I'm thinking Golovkin vs Lee will happen (if he beats BJS), then he'll be WBO/WBA/IBF champ for sure.

It's not GGGs fault he is the best in the world, and it certainly wasn't boring.
              Marco Antonio Rubio and Joacim Alcine beat Lemiuex ffs!

Why are people acting like he's suddenly good because he nabbed a vacant world title against Hasan fkin N'Dam. Suddenly he's amazing!

I said it before he even lost his first fight, David Lemiuex is ****. You can search my entire posting history from years back. He's just a poor, one dimensional fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
                What should he do? Retire? You're seriously one of the most annoying posters on this site. Up there with PRBOXING, Megas30, Hugh Grant, BOXEO, Bigjavi and a whole slew of other silly posters. He's without a doubt the best MW and a world class fighter and you know it. Instead of pointing out how accurate and devastating his jab was, you just complain. Had it been a closer fight you'd complain about how GGG is overrated. Had Lemieux won you would've pumped out hundreds of posts of why GGG is overrated blah blah blah. It's hilarious how you complain of the fight being boring. Barely saw any clinches. There was a knockdown, there was a stoppage, the ref was predictably hilarious but yeah, sure, boring fight.
                Yes I am predictable because I predicted exactly how the fight would go. And it was as predictable as anyone who didn't buy into this "super fight" nonsense should have seen it going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Marco Antonio Rubio and Joacim Alcine beat Lemiuex ffs!

Why are people acting like he's suddenly good because he nabbed a vacant world title against Hasan fkin N'Dam. Suddenly he's amazing!

I said it before he even lost his first fight, David Lemiuex is ****. You can search my entire posting history from years back. He's just a poor, one dimensional fighter.
                  That was years ago, and only because he ran out of gas.

I'm not saying he's a tremendous fighter, and he might very well be a one dimensional fighter, but so is Andy Lee. And Jacobs and Qullin aren't much better.

Canelo would be a good test though. But I don't see how anyone can criticize Lemiuex as an opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    That was years ago, and only because he ran out of gas.

I'm not saying he's a tremendous fighter, and he might very well be a one dimensional fighter, but so is Andy Lee. And Jacobs and Qullin aren't much better.

Canelo would be a good test though. But I don't see how anyone can criticize Lemiuex as an opponent.
                    It was 3/4 years ago. People acting like it was decades ago like Pacquiao's losses or that they never happened whatsoever. And that he's suddenly a completely rejuvenated fighter with a list of accolades.

He's a very poor fighter. And yes Andy Lee, Quillin and Jacobs aren't very good either. You're getting the hang of this.

The Middleweight division is wank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      It was 3/4 years ago. People acting like it was decades ago like Pacquiao's losses or that they never happened whatsoever.

He's a very poor fighter. And yes Andy Lee, Quillin and Jacobs aren't very good either. You're getting the hang of this.

The Middleweight division is wank.
                      No, but I think it's fair to say that Lemiuex of 2015 is far better than 2011 Lemiuex.

Yes, but Golovkin is a middleweight. He's not a supermiddleweight and will probably never be. I understand if he wants to go up for a Froch fight, because that would make him millions, but for Degale or Jack or someone like that? I wouldn't do it. Especially as he'll soon get the chance to go for the WBC belt as well, hopefully against the winner of Cotto and Canelo.

I fully understand why he wants to clean out 160.

Comment

Working...
                      X