Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Chocolatito really deserve the #1 P4P Spot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Chocolatito really deserve the #1 P4P Spot?

Seriously...

He's on my P4P list, but not that high.

Does he REALLY deserve to be higher than the likes of Ward, Rigo, Loma, Pacquiao, GGG, Kovalev, Wlad? How bout?

Discuss.

I don't see why Wlad is not there(atleast make a case). I would've said Ward but his inactivity should've pulled him down or out of the list. But I have no problem with Gonzalez taking number 1

The Ring Mag P4P

1) Roman Gonzalez
    2) Andre Ward
    3) Sergey Kovalev
    4) Gennady Golovkin
    5) Guillermo Rigondeaux
    6) Wladmir Klitschko
    7) Terrence Crawford
    8) Manny Pacquiao
    9) Shinsuke Yamanaka
    10) Kell Brook
    Last edited by Nights King; 10-19-2015, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
      Seriously...

Does he REALLY deserve to be higher than the likes of Ward, Rigo, Loma, Pacquiao, GGG, Kovalev, Wlad? How bout?

Discuss.
      Yes to: GGG, Kovalev, Ward, Rigo, and definitely Lomachenko.

Pacquiao and Wlad are open to debate. Roman G is definitely top 3, that's for sure.

Comment

Seriously...

Discuss.
        Yes ofcourse, but you had to have GGG in that mix? come on the guy resume is shallow compared to Chocolatito, he has dominanted a weak 160 division, Roman has been unstoppable since his 105,

Comment

How many of you have actually seen more than 3 of Chocolatito's fights?

Comment

How many of you have actually seen more than 3 of Chocolatito's fights?
            I live near his home, I used to watch him spar with huge guys and dismantle them, belive me he can take a 140 pounder punch..

Comment

Originally posted by thecomedian2 View Post
              I live near his home, I used to watch him spar with huge guys and dismantle them, belive me he can take a 140 pounder punch..
              That's dope. And that's legit. I feel like a lot of people advocating for him to be #1 are doing so without having even watched many of his fights and appearing to be "in the know" because he's been under the radar for so long.

He's on my P4P list, but in the bottom half. Definitely not #1.

Comment

Seriously...

Discuss.
                Definitely higher than the two I highlighted and possibly higher than Rigo cos that guy must be retired by now.

But yeah, Pac, GGG, Kovalev and Wlad all higher. Wlad is my no. 1.

Comment

Ring's a joke. Broner should at least be in top 10.

Comment

Pound for pound can't be proven. It is just people's opinion and there will never be a unanimous number 1 pound for pound guy although Mayweather came close. There are no right or wrong answers, only opinions. Gonzalez can't fight GGG or Ward or Wlad to prove he is better than they are. If you don't think Gonzalez is number 1 then that's the right answer for you. If someone thinks Gonzalez is the best pound for pound then that is the right answer for them. I think there is a strong case for Gonzalez being number 1. He has faced good opposition and has won 44 fights with no draws or losses and he won most of his fights by KO. I have seen him fight and I love what I see. GGG, Kovalev and Gonzalez are my top three pound for pound boxers. They all seem unbeatable at the weight class they fight at. My top three might not make it onto other fans top 10 pound for pound. Oh well. That's the way pound for pound is. Just personal opinions that can't be proven. Many guys on this board take pound for pound way to seriously and will call you names if your choices are different than their choices.

Comment

Working...
                    X