Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I told you guys Khan did not deserve to fight Floyd!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
    and what was Judah ranked at the time? #3 WW. Baldo was #1.

You know the talks of the fight was made before the Baldo fight.. People seem to think Floyd just picked some random guy like Baldo who hadn't lost a fight in nearly a decade or something. He only fought the guy because he beat Judah and then fought Judah because the fight was already there not to mention everyone (like usual) said he was scared of Judah and not even on his level.

In fact Floyd moved up and beat 2 out of the TOP 3 WW's at that time. Thats accomplishing more than what most if not ALL current WW's have actually accomplished today. It's not like he was fighting washed up WW bums. He was fighting the TOP 3.
    And who was #2. Was it that extremely large Mexican guy that ran Floyd from his own interview & also called Floyd out?? Kinda like how the lightweight Marquez called him out?? Difference being Floyd jump all over the lightweight??

Comment

• I was shocked at how many people were saying "Khan/Floyd would be a good fight" "Looking forward to watching that" I mean WTF? Of course Khan would have given Floyd some problems because of his speed but dude is a B+ fighter, Floyd would have Corrales'd him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        I was shocked at how many people were saying "Khan/Floyd would be a good fight" "Looking forward to watching that" I mean WTF? Of course Khan would have given Floyd some problems because of his speed but dude is a B+ fighter, Floyd would have Corrales'd him.
        I was shocked too. I was like what?? Khan??

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          And who was #2. Was it that extremely large Mexican guy that ran Floyd from his own interview & also called Floyd out?? Kinda like how the lightweight Marquez called him out?? Difference being Floyd jump all over the lightweight??
          u mean the same mexican guy who got beat by paul williams in his very next fight while Floyd went to 154 and beat a bigger mexican? Difference being Floyd jumped all over the junior middleweight??

Comment

#2 guy who Floyd told Bob Arum to make the fight for 10 million?

Comment

• Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
              u mean the same mexican guy who got beat by paul williams in his very next fight while Floyd went to 154 and beat a bigger mexican? Difference being Floyd jumped all over the junior middleweight??
              Is it a bad thing to lose to the Punisher??

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                I was shocked at how many people were saying "Khan/Floyd would be a good fight" "Looking forward to watching that" I mean WTF? Of course Khan would have given Floyd some problems because of his speed but dude is a B+ fighter, Floyd would have Corrales'd him.
                I think people probably thought it would be a pretty good fight. I just think some went a lil overboard with it. Khan aint no bum, but i never and could never see him beating Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
                  I think people probably thought it would be a pretty good fight. I just think some went a lil overboard with it. Khan aint no bum, but i never and could never see him beating Floyd.
                  i never thought itd be a close fight. but with that said, he has just as much chance as anyone else at 147. and if he had beat garcia he would have had the best resume out of all of the fighters from 147-154. so, to me, he was the top candidate until someone named someone better, which no1 did.

Comment

• I just thought, at his age, 35 coming 36 and the fact he's slowing down that Khan's speed, reach and jab might give him some issues.

I still thought Mayweather would win but I thought Khan was a guy who would give him problems.

I was certainly wrong on that one, very wrong.

Comment

Is it a bad thing to lose to the Punisher??
                      of course not, but it is if your goal was to fight Mayweather at that time. If im not mistaken, Paul wasnt a big name bacc then just a slightly talked about prospect, who got the fight because Floyd bought his contract out to pursue Oscar.

Comment

Working...
                      X