No announcement yet.

Fat Dan Rafeal and Fres Oquendo...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Dan Rafeal and Fres Oquendo...

Fat dan has an open chat with his fight freaks every Thursday I think. It's pretty interesting, however I noticed he bans everyone that mentions Fres Oquendo. Does anyone know why?

They use to date... Bitter breakup

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      They use to date... Bitter breakup

Comment

I think it's because he thinks Fres Oquendo is an absolute bore to watch. Something along those lines, anyways.

The people in the chat knows he does too, they do it intentionally to get banned and I think it's hilarious. My favorite was-

[Fight Freak]: Dan, two words: Fres Oquendo

[Dan Rafael]: Two words: You're banned.

Comment

could have something to do with this: https://pound4poundireland.wordpress...oquendo-fight/

Comment

From what I recall back in 2013 Fres Oquendo, and his delusional trainer Tom Tsatas, made a video bashing Wladimir Klitschko and saying he's afraid to fight Oquendo who was ranked like top 5 in WBA or something. They took exception to a sarcastic article that Rafael made when he referenced their call out of Klitschko and basically said that Oquendo is delusional and his fight with John Ruiz was one of the most boring fights he's ever witnessed in his life and that Oquendo would get destroyed.

Since then Oquendo and Tsatas have ravaged Rafael on twitter.

Comment

This is what Rafael said two years ago and Tom Tsatas took exception to it.

Another name some had mentioned is long-faded contender Fres Oquendo, although Klitschko manager Bernd Boente told me this week that “Oquendo was never in the mix."

Thank goodness. Still, that didn't stop the delusional Oquendo (35-7, 23 KOs) from making one of the single-most absurd statements I have ever read in a press release. Ever.

"No one deserves the Klitschko fight more than me," said the 39-year-old Oquendo.

When you stop laughing, please continue reading.

Oquendo hasn't remotely been a factor since back-to-back losses in title fights to Chris Byrd (in a controversial decision in 2003) and an 11th-round knockout to John Ruiz (in 2004, in one of the worst heavyweight title fights in the history of the world).

(By the way, I was ringside for Ruiz-Oquendo at Madison Square Garden, and again I want say thank you to late referee Wayne Kelly for stopping the fight and saving us all the misery of having to sit through another round.)

"I'm seeing these newcomer kids talking about how they deserve to fight Klitschko," Oquendo said. “I haven't lost a fight legitimately since 2006 [even though he has three losses since then]. In 2003, I had a world title fight and lost an outrageous robbery against Chris Byrd. Byrd went on to lose the title that I should have won that night to Wladimir. So if they hadn't stolen my title from me that night, I would have already had a fight against Wladimir. Me getting the fight against Wladimir is boxing karma making things right."

I could continue to mock Oquendo, but I'll cut him a break here.

Comment

Working...
              X